Religious Ed/CCD fees

cstwwt

Mouseketeer
Hi All, just wondering what you are paying per child for religious ed classes or CCD classes at your church.......ours are $50.00 per child....for an 90 min class once a week for 30 weeks.......I'm wondering if that is standard.....Thanks in advance!!!!! Wendy:)

In NJ it's about 65 first child and each additional is like 50. It's 1 hour a week and 30 weeks

We pay $125 per child K3-5th grade, plus $60 per family for a 6-session required dinner/program, and $35 additional if there is a sacrament for the child that year. Our religious ed classes meet 2x/month September-April.

It's called Faith Formation here, not CCD any longer. The classes were once a week but never 90 minutes except for perhaps Confirmation classes. We've belonged to different parishes over the years. Sometimes we paid a book fee and sometimes not but we were members and donated to the Church. I think the classes were included. The teachers are volunteers. $50 per year seems inexpensive/reasonable for a material/book fee.

The price will vary.....
We would have a registration fee of 25.00 plus 150 plus other misc. fees...
We send our child to Catholic school so we get away with these fees :lmao:
I can tell you that most if not all will keep track of your donations most will require at least a 500.00 donaton to the church you attend to be considered a practicing caholic. They do however say at least 1,500.00 a year.
you may want to put money aside for donations, sales and chances through the year.
If they do have a donation amount they likley will not allow you to register for the next year unless you make the donation.
Yes all the bad things but it is a choice....

70$ here in new jersey. It is weekly for an hour minus school holidays and includes the workbook.

We're in Maryland and we're paying $90 per child, with a $250 cap per family. We have to pay an additional $90 since my youngest is receiving both his first reconciliation and communion this year.

Long Island...Pay $150 for first child (mine is only one so not sure of discount for additional children). Class is taught by volunteers (parents) in their own homes.

We live in a very low income area. Ours is $10 per kid for the workbooks. First reconciliation and first communion require extra books and costs a bit more.

$75 per child, same time, except ds14 has half the amount of classes, and I pay extra ($50?) because it's sacrament year. Seems really inexpensive to me!

Wow - ours is expensive! Kids are done now, but in 2010, when my last was entering her final year, we paid $300.00. I think that was $225.00 + a $75.00sacrament fee. One class a week for one hour.

$60.00 per child, twice a month for 90 minutes. September through the first week of May. If you volunteer to teach, your kids are free.

We are in a small seaside town in Mass. It is $40 yr per child from Oct until April. Pretty reasonable I think and if you do volunteer to teach, one child in the family is free! It is called Faith Formation now here too.

Wow! I need to raise our rates!

$40 for 1 child, $50 for 2, $60 for 3 or more and we have a clause of "no one will be denied a religious education if you can not pay". K-12 grade

It's been that way for over 8 years.

Classes meet Sept to 1st week of May--weekly one hour and 15 minutes,except for major holidays with 2 family days for Advent and Lent and then family days for sacrament prep. No additional sacrament charges.

I have $11,000 budget for books and materials, classroom supplies and the fees don't nearly cover the budget, so most of the budget comes from the general collection. Each child book is $20 and teacher's book is about $40 and then I buy posters, scissors, crayons, etc. anything and everything used for teaching for the year.

approximately 120 students enrolled

All catechists are volunteers

DS is in 5th grade 1 hour on Sundays.

DD is in 9th grade 1 1/2 hours on Wednesday nights including dinner.

From the week September 16 until May 5.

I paid 145.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter