Rehitchin Ceremony at the Garden Grille

Pattymouse

Mouseketeer
Any information on this ceremony would be much appreciated. I have heard of it but no one seems to elaborate.

Pat

I can help on this one because I surprised my DH with it two years ago. All I did was make a PS for the date I wanted and then asked them to note Rehitchin Ceremony on the PS. When we got to the GG, it was noted on their ressie book. We had our lunch and I waited and waited to see when it would happen, then suddenly after we finished lunch, our waiter, who was totally cool, announced in front of the whole restaurant that a rehitchin was going to take place, I knew that meant us, but my DH was clueless and that was so cool. Our waiter got Mickey, Chip and Dale and I believe Goofy, to come over to our table and then he made us stand up and said some "ceremony" type words and started rehitchin us, he made us kiss for 100 seconds, counting by 10's...my DH loved it, it really was very cute, especially with the characters right there, then Mickey presented us with an official rehitchin certificate, signed by Mickey. That alone was worth doing the rehitchin, but then our waiter also brought us a really delicious (and huge) cake. Not bad for "free". It definitely something everyone should try, it is so Disney. It is more fun when you spring in on your spouse though, the look on his face was priceless, and he played along perfectly.

We did it too. It was hilarious. We were supposed to be doing it with another couple, so I chickened out at the last minute and didn't remind the server about it. Well, low an behold, joke was on me when DH found out about it and pushed me into it. It was a riot.

The other couple didn't make it that day, so I was the one who ended up completely embarassed... :p

FWIW, you might have a very difficult time booking this if you get an unknowledgeable CM. They don't cover it well at all in any literature. Just keep on insisting they look for the Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill.

Pattymouse
I just posted something about it on a thread titled Aniiversary at Resort, which should still be on the first page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter