regular vs. dark transfer sheets

MickeyHereWeCome!

DIS Veteran
Hi! I just did our first iron-on t shirt last night, and my dd wore her shirt today. She's only had it on for about 4 hours, and the iron on is already cracking.

Do the shirts made with the "dark color" tranfer sheets look and last better? I know they cost more, and I can use them on white, too. If so, I'd rather just spend the extra money on those sheets.

Any advice? :confused3

MickeyHereWeCome! said:
Hi! I just did our first iron-on t shirt last night, and my dd wore her shirt today. She's only had it on for about 4 hours, and the iron on is already cracking.

Do the shirts made with the "dark color" tranfer sheets look and last better? I know they cost more, and I can use them on white, too. If so, I'd rather just spend the extra money on those sheets.

Any advice? :confused3
Typically the dark sheets are more durable - but your design on a light shirt really shouldn't have cracked that soon - did you wash your shirts without fabric softener, did you use the ebay transfer sheets? have you washed it since you ironed on and if so did you dry it inside out?

Thanks for responding. No, this isn't the ebay paper. This was a pack I have had for some time now. I guess I'll have to check out the ebay site before really getting into my t-shirt making. I didn't use fabric softener when I dried the shirt, and it hasn't been washed since I did the iron on.

Regardless, my dd was in 7th Heaven wearing her new Jasmine t-shirt..cracks and all :)

I'm almost down to the 7 month mark, so I'm glad I have time to get this perfected ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter