Regular TGV users how easy is it???

Orion33

Second star on the right and straight on till morn
Is it easier to just get the shuttles from disney to the airport or is it easier to get the TGV???

My flight home is at 12.30pm and so really need to check in at 10.30am but would need to get the coach at or before 9.30am and traffic is not guaranteed, whereas i know train is only ten minute journey same price poss cheaper and no traffic to worry about and i want to stay in the park to the last minute.

However plus side with coach i get dropped at the correct terminal....

It's pretty easy to use in all honesty. The hardest bit is getting to your terminal once you arrive at the airport station. It's very well sign posted but it can take you 15mins to get from the airport station to terminal 3 (lots of walking + stairs + bus) so it might not be worth it if you travel with little ones.

When you arrive at the Marne La Valle station head towards the TGV section and you'll notice a large departures board. Look up your train time and it'll tell you what platform you need to go to. I've used it a couple of times and it's always on time. You get allocated a specific seat but the journey is so short that you may as well sit wherever you like. At no point during boarding/ the journey/ disembarkment did anyone check my ticket.

The shuttle bus is obviously easier to use as it drops you off at the terminal but I prefer the TGV. It's very, very fast!!!

I got the TGV when i went a couple of weeks ago. Its really simple. There are machines at the station that are in english, and you can pay by cash or card.

As for the journey from terminal to terminal....... Simple.

They have there new airport shuttle (Like a train.... very swish!!) which takes abt 2 minutes to get to the terminal 3 stop. The only thing is the terminal 3 stop is about a 5 minute walk from the departure area. But no big deal. I would recomend the TGV very highly over VEA shuttle. Had some bad experiences with VEA, but don't let that put you off :)

I posted a TGV to VEA comparison awhile back - will see if I can find it.

TGV is very easy; for Americans I would say not QUITE so easy as most are not used to taking trains or even subways. I was at DLRP with an American this summer and put her on the TGV to the airport - realized then how we are so used to this type of transport in Europe, which is relatively uncommon in most American states.

I am getting a bit ahead of myself here - thinking about the trip after next. But when we go in December we will be arriving in CDG at about 8.20 in the morning and I have to decide if it will be better to get the VEA or a TGV. I have hated the VEA in the past because of the scramble for seats but I'm hoping it won't be too bad that time in the morning. However if there is any chance of getting there quickly by TGV I may consider that. I must be a bit thick, though, because when I look at the train website I can't make head nor tail of it. I may have to just plump for the hour long VEA journey.:upsidedow

the only prob i have with the tgv is the peak and off peak prices. So at 8.20am i'm guessing the price will be peak......... so it can be quite a bit more expensive than VEA! But VEA is such a drag...... when you arrive at paris you just want to be at the parks. So the question is, is it worth the extra cash to get there early. My answer is yes it is!!! hehe

Hi, I just did a kind of comparison of the 2 on another thread this evening, so I've copied it here for you too - hope it helps.

Hi,

The VEA is door-to-door (ie it picks up and drops off at each terminal at CDG, and drops off at each of the Disney onsite hotels, as well as the shuttle bus station (near the entrance to the Parks). Its also a more frequent service than the TGV. And the price of the tickets for the VEA are the same no matter which day, or what time of day, you travel. But, the VEA takes between 45 minutes and one hour to get from CDG to the Disney hotels.

The TGV is very fast - only takes 10 minutes to get from terminal 2 at CDG to the train station (next to the Parks) at Disneyland. But, you do have to get from the other terminals to T2 to get the TGV. Not a huge problem, I did it with a suitcase and DD aged 6 this month. It takes about 10 minutes to get from another terminal to T2 on the free internal train at CDG (the CDGVAL). Then down 2 levels, and you're at the TGV station for trains out of the airport. Ticket prices vary on the TGV depending on which day, and which time, you are travelling. The TGV to Disney from CDG (and back) are also not as frequent as the VEA.

So, with the VEA, you have a longer journey time, but once you have found the coach, you can just get on, pay your fare, and sit and watch out for the first Disney signposts.

With the TGV, the price varies, its a very short journey time, but you have to get from your terminal at CDG to the TGV station at T2, then you have to get from the train station at Disney to your hotel (not a problem either, as the side door of the train station takes you right to the shuttle bus stops for all the hotels).

For ease, and because I couldn't be sure of landing times etc with our flight (which did end up being delayed) we got the VEA to Disney, and the TGV back. I think both have their merits.

Elaine

Thanks for that Elaine that's our plan exactly!

Shuttle there TGV back!

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH well I did it

I booked the TGV

It's at 10.40 so being a little naughty on time but i have since found out my flight is Terminal 2F which is where I understand the TGV station is!!!:thumbsup2

what are the chances.... I am now just praying finding the station from the park and when we get off the other end really is as simple as it sounds!!!
Is the station miles from the park entrance and where would be the best place leave your luggage so i can get the EMH then leave the park last minute...

thanks for all your help

You can't miss the train station at DLRP - its the huge building near where the shuttle buses drop off for the DLRP parks. The main entrance to the train station is on your right as you walk from the shuttle bus stops or the Village down to the parks.

There are luggage lockers at the train station, but they are expensive. The left luggage at the main DLRP park is cheaper, and its only a couple of minutes walk back up to the train station from left luggage at the Park. If you have a Dream annual pass, left luggage at the Park is free.

Elaine

I've hummed and hawed about this too and think we might go with the shuttle there and the train back as if we miss the first train on arrival the price goes up rather alarmingly and we're not in a hurry.

that's exactly what we are doing.

Last year we did private shuttle there and VEA back

but this year we are trying to get as much time as poss last morning so we are getting to DLP form CDG by private shuttle again (which is great costs same as VEA but as soon as you have your bags there is a little man waiting for you with a sign and it takes you straight to where you want to go and noone else!)

Then getting the TGV back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter