Registered for the Full

Calcio

DIS Veteran
Hello everybody.

My sabbatical from running lasted one full month, and today is training session #2 for the 2007 WDW Marathon. 5 miles without a watch on our indoor track (today's weather is best described as "brisk"), or 20 laps in each direction.

Everyone I work with thought I was insane doing the Goofy Challenge this year, and after finishing it's hard to argue with them. The best part is now when they ask if I'm doing it again, I get to say "no, I'm only doing the marathon next year :teeth: ." I really enjoy that one.

My goal for January 7, 2007 is to at least be out of the Animal Kingdom before the bear bites me. This year my legs were pretty much shot by mile 12 on Sunday, so with fresh legs and experience on the course, I hope to be much further along before the quads give out.

Good luck to everyone, happy training, and I'll see you in the corrals on race day.

Craig

Hi, Craig! Nice to see you! Glad to report I will be behind you on the course for the full next year. Howard, on the other hand, is going Goofy! I guess it would be amazing to say one has done that. I figure the natural progression is full for me in 2007 and, dare I say it? Goofy in 2008? Guess we will see!

Be well! So glad to see you here and to hear that you are well and training! :goodvibes:

Good for you Cam. I'll be honored to share the corrals on Sunday morning with you.

For what it's worth, I was in our athletic facility on Wednesday on day #1 of the training. While I was stretching our womens' lacrosse coach came by (my daughter plays attack for her, so I know her very well indeed), and we talked about the Disney races and the Goofy Challenge. I told her my experiences, pleasant and painful, and since she successfully ran Boston a few years ago, she well understood everything I'd gone through in the half and then the full.

I then told her the greatest part about the Disney races was the participation by people who don't have a history in athletics, but have decided to get off the couch and get into the game. I specifically talked about a lovely lady who lives in Delaware, who in spite of lots of challenges and many reasons to give up did not, and finished way ahead of the time requirements. Her reaction, this is from a 3 time NCAA champion, was "that's what its all about."

That should carry you through a few training sessions!

And tell Howard that he's in for a challenge indeed. He'll finish Saturday's half and then realize he has to do the same thing 2 times in less than 24 hours.

Craig

Hey Craig! We've been wondering where you were hiding. Come back & join our training threads!

Great job on getting back to training. I think after going Goofy you earned a sabbatical :thumbsup2

Craig! Great to hear from you. Yes come back we miss you.

Glad to hear that you finished Goofy. Me too! My experience was the most positive thing ever. Sorry you had pain there.

Another one who is doing the natural progression - 1/2 in '06, full in '07 and Goofy in '08. Well that is the plan anyway.

I too plan on going Goofy in 2007. If all works out I will do a nice easy half and put it all on the line in the marathon. One of my team members from Team in Training went Goofy in this years marathon weekend and actually ran a personal best by 5 minutes in the marathor (3:50 something). To top this off his sister underwent a stem cell transplant - she is fighting leukemia - on the day before the half. Nopw that deserves a triple goof award!

Yeah Craig!! So nice to "see" you again. I hope your running hiatus was wonderful and beneficial. I may also be running merely the full in '07 :confused3 Glad to hear you had a great run. Best of luck with your training.

Sara - I'm with you and craig. If i get to go back in 07, i want to do just the full. I enjoyed the full much more than the 1/2 and it won't take up 2 entire days of potential disney fun w/ the boy and the man.

Craig - so glad to see you back. I have been wondering about you!! You can even come and post on the running/walking tread. there are now a few other men to keep you company!!

Hi Craig!

Glad to see you, and glad to hear your registered for the full. Come hang out on the training thread with us! Poor Dave needs support when we get carried away with toe nail painting and skinny jean conversations! :lmao:

Sunny

Woo hoo Craig! Dh and I were thining that the half would not be as much fun after the full. GOod to see we're not nuts! Awesome!!! (I'd like to think tha tthe WISH team helped you a littel in converting from a half to a full, as we helped push you, I mean, support you ;) in your decision to go Goofy!)

Hope to actually meet you in 07!

Cam - Woo hoo for Howard!!!! And I think we may join you in giong Goofy in 08!

Glad to hear you registered. I haven't sent our forms in yet, DH is wanting to do the 1/2 in '07 and I had played with the idea of doing the full so now I'm thinking "maybe the Goofy"?? I am going to wait to register for a little while longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter