Regarding adding days to 10 day tickets

eastendlights

DIS Veteran
I meant to post about this back in March when we returned from our latest trip and forgot. If you need more days added to 10 day tickets and are staying at a Disney resort, as a courtesy to resort guests, Guest Services will add days on for a nominal fee. I don't remember exactly what it was but we added 2 days to our 10 day tickets for much less than it would have cost to purchase additional tickets. Many, many CM's will tell you it cannot be done but it can. I first learned about it from a senior CM at the concierge desk in the Beach Club lobby. I had previously inquired here, via phone to Disney, the Itinerary Planning Office and the CM's on the club level at BC. None of these had this info. Guest Services will do it for you when you are there. We did it at the location at the front of Animal Kingdom and it was a very pleasant surprise. In the past, we always purchased additional tickets-what a waste when this option was available!

I meant to post about this back in March when we returned from our latest trip and forgot. If you need more days added to 10 day tickets and are staying at a Disney resort, as a courtesy to resort guests, Guest Services will add days on for a nominal fee. I don't remember exactly what it was but we added 2 days to our 10 day tickets for much less than it would have cost to purchase additional tickets. Many, many CM's will tell you it cannot be done but it can. I first learned about it from a senior CM at the concierge desk in the Beach Club lobby. I had previously inquired here, via phone to Disney, the Itinerary Planning Office and the CM's on the club level at BC. None of these had this info. Guest Services will do it for you when you are there. We did it at the location at the front of Animal Kingdom and it was a very pleasant surprise. In the past, we always purchased additional tickets-what a waste when this option was available!

Good to know this is an option in the event we need to extend our tickets in the future.

@eastendlights ~ Thanks for reporting this!

Was this fee at the approximate cost of a regular upgrade ~ $10 per entitlement? Did the CM say if there is a maximum amount of entitlements they can add on beyond the 10-day base?

I want to say it was $20 and change for the two days for each ticket so that is probably correct-$10 plus tax maybe? For our two tickets, it was $40 something. The CM did not say there was a limit. She went through all of our park usages (we had hoppers) and noted how many days we had left and then added the two days. It took about 15 minutes but was well worth it. We did it during the last few days of the trip.

This is great to hear and hopefully true! We arrive early our first day (the first of 11), and only have 10 day park hoppers. If we can add to that day, we could hang around in a park that first evening. We would have otherwise just hung out at the hotel or Disney Springs, but a park would be much more fun!

There is internal documentation on this. It's done on a reactive basis (aka you have to ask for it) by hotel CMs or Guest Relations. Ticket booths cannot do it. The last time our info was updated on this was 2014 so I'm glad to hear it's still true, especially since they changed the resort guest upgrade policy recently.

There is internal documentation on this. It's done on a reactive basis (aka you have to ask for it) by hotel CMs or Guest Relations. Ticket booths cannot do it. The last time our info was updated on this was 2014 so I'm glad to hear it's still true, especially since they changed the resort guest upgrade policy recently.
Would an IPO CM or Club Level Concierge be able to assist with this if the guest is already onsite? Or, is it strictly at Guest Relations?

This sounds great. We are staying 10 nights but would like to go to a park on both are arrival day and departure day which would be 11 days. Do we add the extra day sometime during our trip or do we have to do so on the day before departing or day of departure?

This sounds great. We are staying 10 nights but would like to go to a park on both are arrival day and departure day which would be 11 days. Do we add the extra day sometime during our trip or do we have to do so on the day before departing or day of departure?
The OP added her extra days while she was mid-trip.

As long as you add on the 11th entitlement before the end of your 10th day of ticket usage, you'll be fine. The sooner you add it, you'll be able to book FPs for that last day.

Great info to have.

We have stayed longer trips but we have AP's so it doesn't matter but for lots it does.

The fact that UK/EU guests can buy 14 and 21 day tickets (and I understand why) and we have always been told nothing past 10 days - when many US guests travel for two week vacations there should be an option.

Face it if you are there 14 days but can only buy 10 tickets - you might not pick up the WP&M option but use that money towards Universal tickets. You'd think Disney would rather you pay the small upgrade so you and your wallet stay on property those days.

Makes sense Disney would allow this. Otherwise those staying over 10 days would visit other non-Disney attractions on the extra days, Universal, Sea World, Discovery Cove, Kennedy etc.

WHAT?? We typically stay 11-12 nights and do not enjoy the water parks, so we run into this issue each year. We don't like a full day of down time either. We got MNSSHP tickets this year to take care of one day, but wouldnt mind spending $10+ for a few hours on an off day. Is there a specific phrase I should use when asking GS or concierge for this option that would help clue them in, especially if they have to call a supervisor? Or, is there a best place to go to request this where they will be knowledgeable (like with price bridging for tickets). I fear I'll have trouble finding some that would even call to find out.

Or, is there a best place to go to request this where they will be knowledgeable (like with price bridging for tickets).
From what has been posted by the OP and @ravenclawtrekkie, choosing Guest Relations either inside or outside of the park will be the best option. Concierges may not know how to process your specific request and you will end up wasting time.

I assume there is an upper limit on the number of days that can be added. I see the OP in this thread was able to add 2. How about 3? Or 4? Or more?

I ask because I see threads from time to time about certain folks upgrading to APs because they want to go more than 10 days on a single trip, but some folks only really need a few days of so and were looking to possibly save some $ by not purchasing another 2, 3 or 4-day ticket. It won't help setting up FP+ ahead of time, but it wasn't going to help much if they planned to upgrade their tickets to APs on their trip anyway.

I assume there is an upper limit on the number of days that can be added. I see the OP in this thread was able to add 2. How about 3? Or 4? Or more?

I ask because I see threads from time to time about certain folks upgrading to APs because they want to go more than 10 days on a single trip, but some folks only really need a few days of so and were looking to possibly save some $ by not purchasing another 2, 3 or 4-day ticket. It won't help setting up FP+ ahead of time, but it wasn't going to help much if they planned to upgrade their tickets to APs on their trip anyway.
But all of the previous advice about having to upgrade to AP was in error. Before @eastendlights reported this and @ravenclawtrekkie confirmed, only CMs knew they could add on additional days to a 10-day ticket at an approximate cost of $10 per entitlement.

If there were a maximum number of entitlements that could be added, I'm sure @ravenclawtrekkie would have noted it.

But all of the previous advice about having to upgrade to AP was in error. Before @eastendlights reported this and @ravenclawtrekkie confirmed, only CMs knew they could add on additional days to a 10-day ticket at an approximate cost of $10 per entitlement.

If there were a maximum number of entitlements that could be added, I'm sure @ravenclawtrekkie would have noted it.

Yes - I do realize all the previous advice appears to be in error. However, I didn't see any posts from @ravenclawtrekkie in any of those threads stating this before - especially given that being able to add to a 10-day appears to have been the case for so long.

And thanks @ravenclawtrekkie for specifying an upper limit, although that doesn't exactly explain how a UK/EU 21-day ticket would ever work starting on day 15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter