Refurbishment for Haunted Mansion?

Rhianna.07

DIS Family Page
UNPOPULAR OPINION

Hey guys, so the last time I was at the Haunted Mansion in WDW I kind of noticed how outdated it was... I know that it is a classic ride and I love that! I think the story of the 999 ghosts is a great idea and I love how many scenes the ride has but it feels like they need just a little something to give the ride some more life (haha pun). I know they updated the queue to be interactive not too long ago and I think that was an awesome first step into updating this ride but I think maybe I'm the only one who thinks this. Maybe if they even changed up just some of the scenes or changed the stretching room, I don't know but Disney has developed so much new technology that could be used soooo amazingly in Haunted Mansion! Anyone else agree?

Not sure about the refurb aspect, but just wanted to welcome you to the dis, Rhianna.

The HM had some major upgrades not long ago.
Start with the astounding new audio affects featuring the Ghost Host's disembodied voice floating around and through the guests standing in the Stretching Room.
They removed the "giant spider" just after you came from boarding the Doombuggies and replaced it with a major set piece
of the multitude of tangled staircases going up-down and sideways.
They did a huge overhaul of the attic room, adding some spectacular visual effects, ending with the bride speaking... along with her disappearing hatchet.
And, the Hitchhiking Ghosts effects at the end, with the ghosts interacting with the guests are amazing.

Last edited:
UNPOPULAR OPINION

Hey guys, so the last time I was at the Haunted Mansion in WDW I kind of noticed how outdated it was... I know that it is a classic ride and I love that! I think the story of the 999 ghosts is a great idea and I love how many scenes the ride has but it feels like they need just a little something to give the ride some more life (haha pun). I know they updated the queue to be interactive not too long ago and I think that was an awesome first step into updating this ride but I think maybe I'm the only one who thinks this. Maybe if they even changed up just some of the scenes or changed the stretching room, I don't know but Disney has developed so much new technology that could be used soooo amazingly in Haunted Mansion! Anyone else agree?

They've updated the hitchhiking ghosts in the last year or so. The screens are now personalized based on your magic band.

It needs minimal changes as far as I am concerned, though I would not be opposed to them bringing Hatbox Ghost over to the MK version of the ride. He is AMAZING at Disneyland!

Yup, though I've never seen it in person, the videos I have seen of it look amazing. I would love to see that at Disney World!

Beyond that, there isn't much about the Haunted Mansion that I would want to see changed.

Yup, though I've never seen it in person, the videos I have seen of it look amazing. I would love to see that at Disney World!

Beyond that, there isn't much about the Haunted Mansion that I would want to see changed.

Oh, he's so cool! I saw him last year at DL and it was a pleasant surprise (I had never watched a video of it or anything). Overall, I think the MK version of HM is superior, but Hatbox sure adds a lot to the DL version.

It's my favorite attraction, and I hope it stays just as it is, with minor upgrades every so often but nothing too, I don't know what word I want, modern? Cutting Edge? I like it's slightly retro feel, especially "Grim Grinning Ghosts" in the cemetery. I have that on my iPod and it's my ringtone.

It's my favorite attraction, and I hope it stays just as it is, with minor upgrades every so often but nothing too, I don't know what word I want, modern? Cutting Edge? I like it's slightly retro feel, especially "Grim Grinning Ghosts" in the cemetery. I have that on my iPod and it's my ringtone.

I have Grim Grinning Ghosts as an alarm on my phone.

It's a classic and just needs tweaking now and then.

If Disney wants to spend money on updating attractions there is a long list of some in great need, HM is not one.

The Hatbox Ghost should be installed I saw it last year in DL and was so excited I just about cried!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter