Refund on DCL- price drop

mom2brooke76

Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is
We're going on our 4th Disney cruise on 3/10, which I just booked and paid in full through a travel agent. A few days after paying I checked the DCL site just to see if there were rooms still available and noticed that they had our category available but it was a little bit cheaper. I didn't say anything to the TA or DCL since it wasn't much of a difference, then checked my checking account this morning to see that DCL refunded me the difference. Do they just automatically do this? Very cool!! :)

We're going on our 4th Disney cruise on 3/10, which I just booked and paid in full through a travel agent. A few days after paying I checked the DCL site just to see if there were rooms still available and noticed that they had our category available but it was a little bit cheaper. I didn't say anything to the TA or DCL since it wasn't much of a difference, then checked my checking account this morning to see that DCL refunded me the difference. Do they just automatically do this? Very cool!! :)

That happened on our last DCL cruise. I booked with DU and over the year and a half that we waited the price went down, without our knowing it, and the price on our bill went down too! We are very pleased customers.

That happened on our last DCL cruise. I booked with DU and over the year and a half that we waited the price went down, without our knowing it, and the price on our bill went down too! We are very pleased customers.

Very neat! I just figured since we paid in full, that was it. I guess not! :)

We on the two day Wonder "Cruise to Nowhere" and randomly I had a dollar refund credited back to my Visa from DCL. No complaints. :)

I haven't checked my bank statement but I realized that my room price (when I'm checking for my assignment status on room) has gone down $10 for each cabin...maybe I'll get $20 back :banana:

This happened to us on our Oct 2010 Magic cruise. I did speak with my TA about it. I wasn't checking it out online but my SIL noticed a deposit in her checking acct since she used a debit card to make final payment.

My TA said that taxes had dropped and by law DCL must refund everyone who paid that tax as part of their cruise price. To charge a guest higher than necessary amount and call it a 'tax' would be fraud and they can get in big trouble.

If the cruise portion of your trip (pretax) drops, DCL will not automatically refund the difference. They will if you or your TA call them on it. Not sure if they do after PIF date since that's never happened to us but I know RCCL does.

This happened to us on our Oct 2010 Magic cruise. I did speak with my TA about it. I wasn't checking it out online but my SIL noticed a deposit in her checking acct since she used a debit card to make final payment.

My TA said that taxes had dropped and by law DCL must refund everyone who paid that tax as part of their cruise price. To charge a guest higher than necessary amount and call it a 'tax' would be fraud and they can get in big trouble.

If the cruise portion of your trip (pretax) drops, DCL will not automatically refund the difference. They will if you or your TA call them on it. Not sure if they do after PIF date since that's never happened to us but I know RCCL does.

I was definitely past the paid in full date, lol, thanks to my last minute booking, so apparently they do :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter