Refrigerators

showar

Mouseketeer
We are staying at ASMo and I know we must pay for a refrigerator unless there is a medical need. My dd has severe food allergies and we will be bringing some food for her, specifically her soy milk. Does anyone know if food allergies are considered a medical need for having a refrigerator?

I think that should qualify since it's an allergy and you have to have food that is probably not readily available at the food court.
You could try calling WDW Resort Special Reservations: 407-939-7807 (TTY: 407-939-7670). I know for medications they sometimes provide a small (like shoebox) sized refrigerator, so make it clear that you need one you can store some soy milk and other allergy-free foods in.

Also, if you have the aseptic (refrigerator free) soy milk, I have seen where people posted they used an ice chest and ice (free from the resorts) just to cool it for drinking since it can be stored at room temperature until opened.

I also have children with food allergies. I had no problem getting a free refridgerator at WL. Traveling and eating out with children with food allergies can be very stressful but Disney makes it pretty easy. I just told the reservationist about the allergies and she accomodated me, I did not need to prove anything.

Make your dinner reservations in advance and tell the person on the phone about the allergies. When you check in at the resturaunts remind the hostess. One of the chefs will meet with your personally before the meal and review your options with you. They will even make you a special order if there isn't anything on the menu or at a buffet that is acceptable to your little one. The chefs will offer alternatives..they are the greatest!! :banana:

I had an excellent experience everywhere with the exception of Cinderella's table (breakfast) where they would not offer any alternatives. :confused3

Good luck..I am not aware of anywhere where people with food allergies are treated with such consideration. I am sure you will have a great time.

Cam2Mike said:
I had an excellent experience everywhere with the exception of Cinderella's table (breakfast) where they would not offer any alternatives. :confused3

Either you caught them on a bad day, or i caught them on a good one. when i was arranging my own special breakfast, i asked about getting mac n cheese :rolleyes: for my DD7 since she doesn't eat most typical breakfast foods and they said sure, no problem since they had enough notice.

-dj

Update: I just wanted to let you know that I called the number provided by SueM (WDW Resort Special Reservations: 407-939-7807) and had no problems getting a refrigerator for medical needs. I just hope it is a regular size so that it will hold some milk and other food items.

I did speak to Brenda and have faxed her all my necessary information. We have 6 ADR for various character meals (we are on the dining plan) and I have been assured there will be plenty for her to eat.

I can't wait till our trip! :banana:

showar said:
Update: I just wanted to let you know that I called the number provided by SueM (WDW Resort Special Reservations: 407-939-7807) and had no problems getting a refrigerator for medical needs. I just hope it is a regular size so that it will hold some milk and other food items.

I can't wait till our trip! :banana:
It is the size of a dorm fridge. You can fit 2 half gallaon jugs in the door and about 12 bottles of water on the shelfs. so most of what you will have should fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter