Refrigerator or cooler for room???

essmom

DIS Veteran
I am wondering what most of you do to keep things cold in the room. We are not big breakfast people so I was hoping to get a cooler at the store and keep milk and drinks in it for the week. I called and the refrigerator is $15/day. That's another $100 for the week that I don't want to spend. Is there ice on every floor?What do you suggest? any ideas or tips THANKS!!!

The cooler idea should be fine!!!! Alot of people do that. Have fun!

Before our last trip we invested in a small plug in cooler that worked very well. We paid $30 for it at Walgreens. It is only large enough to hold a six pack, but we kept a couple of half pints of milk in it, our son's medication along with packaged lunch meat and some yogurt. All of the less perishable stuff we kept in our other cooler which keeps things frozen for up to five days (it would probably be ok for milk, but I am a bit squeemish about my dairy products.) I am considering buying a larger plug in cooler so we can keep half gallons of milk and OJ and more yogurt in it. This would save us from buying the half pints in the hotel for $1.75 each (and to think I pay $1.92 a gallon at Sam's Club...)
It would, however take awhile to recoup the cost of the new plug in cooler ($65-$80 depending on size). Hmmmmmm......

We've done a couple different things. We got a really nice rolling cooler from JCPenny's a lot like this one: Ice Flo Rolling Cooler Bag

We also brought a mini fridge that I bought from Target where we kept the coldcuts for inexpensive lunches. This fridge was tiny though...enough to hold only 6 cans of soda...but it kept the coldcuts fresh. :)

we've never had a problem about this, so it's worth investing in. Especially the rolling cooler bag which can hold things in different compartments...and is less expensive than a mini fridge. :)

HTH!!

Here are more variations on the bag cooler:

Various Bag Coolers

Thanks!! I have a rolling cooler but since we are flying, I was planning to just buy a cheap styrofoam cooler at the store when we stop on the way from the airport.

I think u should be ok with the coller and refill regular with ice i know we did that last year:jester:

We did the same thing last 2 trips. Picked up a styrofoam cooler and kept it filled with ice. No problems at all! There is ice on every floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter