refrigerater rentals

ghcoughlin

Mouseketeer
Hi!We are hoping to make a trip in Aug.I take Copaxone for my MS and it needs to be refrigerated.We usually stay at FW cabins and have a frig there.Now we hope to go for 10 days.To do this and keep the cost down somewhat we are looking at POFQ.I have read you can rent a frig for $10.00/day.If you need one for medication do they still charge???I know I'm being naive to think Disney wouldn't make a buck off of everyone.But I thought I would inquire.
Thanks for your help!
Heidi

Heidi,

I've had to pay, but SIL hasn't. Really depends on the reason (antibiotics vs. insulin) Call the CRO and let them know why you need the fridge, and since it's medically neccessary, it's a good bet they'll waive the fee.

I bought a refrigerated cooler from Wal Mart before our last trip so I didn't have to pay each time. It has an adapter for the car, so we travel with healthier food, make less stops and stock up on the kids favorite yogurts. It paid for itself with the first trip (85 for the cooler as opposed to the 70 we'd have paid at just WDW).

Suzanne

As Poohnatic said, there is some inconsistency in whether or not WDW will charge you for a refrigerator. I don't think it depends on what medication you have because some people reported getting charged and other people reported getting the charge waived with the same medication!
You might want to try dealing with WDW Resort Special Reservations, rather than CRO:
(407) 939-7807
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]
Special Reservations deal with special needs requests.
WDW used to give free use of a refrigerator to anyone who said they had a medical need for one. From what some people have reported they were told, WDW began charging everyone (medical needs and all) because too many people who did not have a medical need were saying they needed a free refrigerator just to save money. The option that was presented to people if they didn't want to pay was to store the medication in the resort office, even if it meant 3 or 4 trips a day to the office to get doses. Recently, people have been reporting again getting the fee waived for medical reasons, but for a while, no one was reporting any luck(even when they dealt with Special Reservations).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter