Reflections on Solo Travel

darlaya

Mouseketeer
Hi All. These boards have been so helpful to me in all of my trip planning. Now I would like to share my reflections on my first year of solo travel. I am currently on my 3rd of 4 trips to WDW this year.

I was just like many of the posters expressing doubt and anxiety over traveling solo to WDW. First, I really took to heart the great advice by so many posters here on Solo travel. It made me have confidence in taking my first trip. There are lots of great tips on dining, meet ups, park strategies and of course the desire to not stand out as being a party of one unless of course you are on a single rider line🤗

Every trip for me has been different and with each trip my confidence and comfort has grown. I find myself striking up conversations with strangers which is not my nature. It is really true what posters have shared about noone notices you as everyone is wrapped up in what they are doing...which is exactly what we should all be doing😘.

As a mom who has always catered to everyone else's choices and preferences, I find myself discovering for the first time what I enjoy most. I can change my schedule, food choices, pool time and have even gone to a movie that I wanted to see... Downtown Abbey 😊.

I bought an annual pass during my first solo trip and that just seemed to be my gateway to multiple trips. The beauty of solo travel to WDW is you can have a great vacation whether you want to do the parks commando style or take a leisurely approach and enjoy the amenities of your resort. Through these boards I have learned there are lots of people just like me who love WDW and found themselves embarking on Solo trips. You don't stand out. Even as a fellow solo-er, I don't notice other solo travelers.

Finally, if there is anything that makes me uncomfortable, I modify. I do think about resort choices and room location as part of my trip planning. I am grateful to all the posters on their experience with solo travel ...without all of you, I doubt I would have ever taken my first solo trip.

Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing this, and I am so happy you have had such a great experience!

Thanks for sharing this. I took my first completely solo trip in late September (I went semi-solo last September, staying solo at my resort but meeting up occasionally with friends who were also at WDW that week) and I loved it way more than I thought I would. It was so fun to hang out for a few days in one of my favorite places and only do the things I wanted to do when I wanted to do them. I’ll definitely do it again and encourage anyone considering it to give it a try!

Hi All. These boards have been so helpful to me in all of my trip planning. Now I would like to share my reflections on my first year of solo travel. I am currently on my 3rd of 4 trips to WDW this year.

I was just like many of the posters expressing doubt and anxiety over traveling solo to WDW. First, I really took to heart the great advice by so many posters here on Solo travel. It made me have confidence in taking my first trip. There are lots of great tips on dining, meet ups, park strategies and of course the desire to not stand out as being a party of one unless of course you are on a single rider line🤗

Every trip for me has been different and with each trip my confidence and comfort has grown. I find myself striking up conversations with strangers which is not my nature. It is really true what posters have shared about noone notices you as everyone is wrapped up in what they are doing...which is exactly what we should all be doing😘.

As a mom who has always catered to everyone else's choices and preferences, I find myself discovering for the first time what I enjoy most. I can change my schedule, food choices, pool time and have even gone to a movie that I wanted to see... Downtown Abbey 😊.

I bought an annual pass during my first solo trip and that just seemed to be my gateway to multiple trips. The beauty of solo travel to WDW is you can have a great vacation whether you want to do the parks commando style or take a leisurely approach and enjoy the amenities of your resort. Through these boards I have learned there are lots of people just like me who love WDW and found themselves embarking on Solo trips. You don't stand out. Even as a fellow solo-er, I don't notice other solo travelers.

Finally, if there is anything that makes me uncomfortable, I modify. I do think about resort choices and room location as part of my trip planning. I am grateful to all the posters on their experience with solo travel ...without all of you, I doubt I would have ever taken my first solo trip.

Just curious, what do you prefer in terms of room location as a solo?

Ease of transportation, food options and being able to be close to both are important for me. This past year I have stayed at the Polynesian, the Carribean and the Coronado. My upcoming trip will be at the Boardwalk. In all stays I felt comfortable especially this last trip where I was leaving my room by 5 am to take advantage of the EEMH. Very few folks were out and about this early and I never felt uncomfortable due to room location.

Ease of transportation, food options and being able to be close to both are important for me. This past year I have stayed at the Polynesian, the Carribean and the Coronado. My upcoming trip will be at the Boardwalk. In all stays I felt comfortable especially this last trip where I was leaving my room by 5 am to take advantage of the EEMH. Very few folks were out and about this early and I never felt uncomfortable due to room location.
I'm staying at Bay Lake Towers and hoping to not get a ground floor room. That happened last year and it is an issue for me.

Did you take an Uber or Lyft during your solo trips? I have my first solo trip coming up in a few weeks (yay!!!) and that is one thing I am nervous about. I’m staying at Disney Springs.

Did you take an Uber or Lyft during your solo trips? I have my first solo trip coming up in a few weeks (yay!!!) and that is one thing I am nervous about. I’m staying at Disney Springs.

I did. I understand being nervous. I had no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!