• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refillable mugs question

Eeyoregal

DVC Member 2004
Does anyone have info on the DVC refillable mugs? We just got back from OKW and the only refillable mug available for purchase did not have the resort name on it. It said 2005 and DVC (also with the disclaimer about mugs only being good for your current stay).

Are all DVC resorts going to go to a generic mug? Just curious - we buy one everytime anyway but liked having the actual resort name on it as a souvenir.

:confused: :confused:

We have a refill. mug from BW last Nov and one from BC last month. They aren't DVC specific though. They are from Boardwalk and Beach CLub and say it on each. Good only for that trip according to the signs where you purchase them.

Do you think they are switching to the generic mugs for the resorts that are strictly DVC? We were at the BW last month and they only had a BW mug. I like the mugs with the resort name too because the mugs are themed to that resort.

That's what I was wondering about resorts that are only DVC. We didn't get a chance to get over to SSR to check this theory, though. I just wasn't sure if there was any info out there that I missed about this. :)

goofy4tink said:
We have a refill. mug from BW last Nov and one from BC last month. They aren't DVC specific though. They are from Boardwalk and Beach CLub and say it on each. Good only for that trip according to the signs where you purchase them.

Do you recall how much the mug from BC cost? How big is it? How much do refills cost? And which beverages are included in the refills? Thanks!

I got one at SSR in October and it was just a generic DVC mug with sort of a summer theme. About half way through the week it changed to a more fall-like one. They were also selling 50th anniversary mugs so I don't know how they could ever keep track of when you bought your mug since there were 3 different designs in the space of 5 days.

I think the BC mug was $11.95 in May. It's probably 12 oz. Refills are free. I know you can get coke products, light lemonade, iced tea, and coffee. There might be others too.

Donna

dsneygirl said:
I got one at SSR in October and it was just a generic DVC mug with sort of a summer theme. About half way through the week it changed to a more fall-like one. [...]
Whoa, that's one heck of a mug! The scenes change during your trip :: neat-o! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter