Refillable Mug Question

juliesue

Mouseketeer
I have mugs that I purchased at VWL earlier this year. Can I use those in my upcoming stay at POR? Or do I have to purchase new ones?

Thanks

Originally posted by juliesue
I have mugs that I purchased at VWL earlier this year. Can I use those in my upcoming stay at POR? Or do I have to purchase new ones?

Thanks

No. You have to buy new mugs. The mugs you bought at VWL were only good at that resort for that vacation.

Okay, here goes.....technically you are supposed to use your mugs at the resort you bought them at, for that particular stay. Say you are staying at POR, you buy mugs there and you use them for that stay only.
This being said, some CM's seem to be telling people that the mugs are good for any stay at that particular resort. I choose to buy a new one for each trip.
Now, here it gets really murky. There are a lot of people that use any type of mug at the resort soda bar. Mugs from previous stays at that resort, mugs from other resorts, and even 7-11 type mugs!! If you are using a non-Disney mug you are actually getting your soda for nothing! To me this is the same as stealing. And don't tell me that with the money you spend on the resort it is okay. Oops. I don't mean you, I mean that in the general sense of the word you!! This is a VERY heated topic on these boards. Do what you feel is best for you and your family. Most feel that you should get a new mug for each visit. We do this instead of another t-shirt as a souvenier!!!

You can only use your VWL either at VWL or WL. You will need to purchase a POR mug during your next visit. The plus side to this is that when POFQ opens back up after renovations,you will be able to use that mug at both POR & POFQ, since they are "sister" resorts. The same thing applies at the All-Stars, BW/BWV & YC/BC/BCV. The mugs make great souvies (I have a collection going and am missing just a couple).

Reusing mugs tends to be a little touchy of a subject, but after countless times of asking and being told by CM's that it was ok, I reuse my mugs. For example, I stayed at the WL a few years ago and purchased one of their mugs and used it quite a bit. I am heading back to the WL in 2 months and plan on taking my mug with me. When my family stayed at the Polynesian last year, they purchased a mug and brought it home to me. When I went to the Polynesian a month later, I brought the mug with me. I have reused mugs at the All Stars & PO too. I only use the mug for the resort I'm staying at at the resort I'm staying at, so it's not like I'm using an All Star mug at the Wilderness Lodge.

Hope this helps!!
:jester: :smooth:

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought too. I was just having a cheap moment, I guess. I will save money by only buying two and making the four of us share!

I bought refillable mugs at CBR last week. I noticed that it showed 2003-2004 on the design. Also on the side it said "refillable only at location purchased", "free refills until the end of your stay". However, I noticed people with mugs with old designs,mugs from other resorts and mugs that weren't even WDW!. No one seemed to be watching the dispensers. Walking around the resort, I was amazed that almost everyone had one in their hand (most with the current CBR one), they must make a fortune on these! $10.95 each x hundreds of people each week! We probably got our money's worth in 6 days compared to buying a drink each time, we used them with breakfast in the morning (ice tea), stopped in the afternoon & sometimes the evening.

CBR mug sizes:

"mug" type (Mickey and Pluto on Hammock) - 12 ounces
"coffee" type (fits in the cup carrier of your car) - 14 ounces

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter