Refillable Mug question

amybethchristiansen

Mouseketeer
Hi all--

I have a quick question. We are going in January and staying at BWV for 5 nights on points, and 2 nights at a value for cash. My question is: If I buy a refillable mug at BWV during the first portion of my visit, can we use the mug at the value later in the week? I really don't want to have to buy 2 different mugs.

TIA,
Amy

If you staying at the same resort all week, just changing the way you're paying for the nights, you can use the same refillable mug all week (but, of course, just at the BoardWalk). Since you're changing resorts, you're out of luck.

Now that all the Disney stockholders have told you the rule, I will just say that it seems (allearsnet.com) that the mugs have a resort logo on them so you would be prevented from doing this. However, the rule is there to prevent people from bringing mugs back for a new vacation.

In my opinion, if the mug was the same then I would use it. You bought it really for the one vacation (I think that the one resort rule is really only so you use it for one trip and I know this is open to interpretation, but whatever). Of course, if not then you should do the math and see if you should buy one for the 2 days at value.

I had a different experience from those that have posted before. For the last 3 years, we have gone to the Pop Century in September. On our first trip, we purchased the mugs. When we were planning the next trip, I called MS to see if there was anyway I could pay a reduced rate and still use the same mugs (similar to the option available at the water parks.) I was told at that time that I could simply bring the mugs back and use them again. This is what we have done twice since and have not had a problem. I would be more than willing to pay if that was what they said I had to do, but since Disney said that I didn't have to I am going to keep bringing my old mugs until I encounter a problem. Your issue may be that you are going to be at a different hotel. We will be encountering this too since we just bought DVC and will no longer be stating at POP. Call MS and ask them! What do you have to lose.

LisaAP said:
I had a different experience from those that have posted before. For the last 3 years, we have gone to the Pop Century in September. On our first trip, we purchased the mugs. When we were planning the next trip, I called MS to see if there was anyway I could pay a reduced rate and still use the same mugs (similar to the option available at the water parks.) I was told at that time that I could simply bring the mugs back and use them again. This is what we have done twice since and have not had a problem. I would be more than willing to pay if that was what they said I had to do, but since Disney said that I didn't have to I am going to keep bringing my old mugs until I encounter a problem. Your issue may be that you are going to be at a different hotel. We will be encountering this too since we just bought DVC and will no longer be stating at POP. Call MS and ask them! What do you have to lose.

I saw this stated on another board too (I was searching for the actual rule). However, it has been stated on here many many times that that is not allowed. I would call to be sure. And I bet Lisa gets some flames from the Disney Police on here :)

Oh yeah call to be sure lol. Atleast then you get an answer from someone at disney but that doesnt mean it has any reality basis. Just like us they say whatever they think the answer is wether or not they have seen it on the list of rules. Many of us were told by disney phone cm's all kinds of things that just plain werent right not to mention the things that were borderline or judgement calls.

Anyway many report that they see others and have them self used various other resort mugs, old mugs, non disney mug and filled up.

Do you guys remember the old what will happen to you if you use a wrong mug post...you know the one that ends something like woke up outside my room in a peter pan outfit..(or was that another spoof post?) i must see if i can find it. everytime I read it I get a good chuckle.

DannyDisneyFreak said:
It is a tracking device. If you try to fill the mug at a resort that the mug was not purchased at it will deactivate the soda machine so you can't fill up and alert Disney security. pirate: I seen this happen at the CBR, a guest had a mug from the AS Sports and was going to fill up at CBR but when he tried to fill it nothing happened because of the tracking device on the bottom but he didn't know that. Within about 3 minuets while the guy was still trying to figure out why the machine wouldn't despense his soda 2 security guys came and confiscated his mug and the other mugs from his family of four. His wife and kids were sent back to their rooms at the all star under house arrest for the rest of the day and he was taken in handcuffs to Chef Mickeys where he had to wash dishes untill the Resturant closed that night, afterwards he was taken to the MK where he had to clean every restroom in the park using only a Mickey Mouse ::MickeyMo toothbrush, each restroom was inspected by Mary Poppins for her aproval before he could be finished, he had no memory of what happened after that but woke up the next morning at 9:30am proped up against his room at the AS Sports wearing a Peter Pan costume and bare feet. His family had all priority seating privileges taken away for the remainder of their stay and when it came time for check out they had to pay the hotel rate as if they had stayed in a tower suite at the GF. So remember, you an only fill up your mugs at the resort they were purchased at during the stay they were purchased. :banana:
found it :dance3:

BTW while looking for that I found another post stating the following and I looked at mine from AKL and ASMo and they both have it:

Printed on the cups - Free refills till end of your stay. Refills only at location purchased.

That's the problem with these threads. Yes your mug is limited to your current stay in that resort. Yes enforcement of the rule is weak to non-existent but that doesn't make it right and DIS members aren't authorized by Disney to make exceptions. Posters who tell you the rule aren't being policeman or good stockholders. As soon as a few posters give the rule others see the need to explain why the rule doesn't have to be followed. Some people really want to follow the rules and really don't want to be embarrassed. It takes a certain kind of person to fill a bread bag at the self-service drink dispensor. THE REAL QUESTION IS: Do you want/need a mug?

Your unit at BWV will have a refrigerator and a coffee maker. There is a mini-mart at the Hess station right across from the parking lot. For about the cost of one mug you can buy 24 cans of soda. The refill locations at BWV really aren't that convenient. Unless you also want the mugs as a souvenir save your money.

We have two mugs from BW...used them maybe 3 times. It's not all the convenient to refill at BW. So, we don't use them there. I wouldn't even bother. You'll have the fridge.
I would get one at the value though. You'll probably use it at least 5 times there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter