>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I have admittedly not read every page of this thread, but I am very interested in doing this when we go in February for probably both my husband and I.

A question I have is- how can I wash this thing between uses? What do you folks do?

I've used the Bounty paper towels with Dawn as well as the pre-cursor Palmolive Dish Wipes. They both work well. But my preferred method of washing out the mugs in the room is a bottle of dish washing liquid and a baby bottle brush both purchased at Dollar Tree. I have tiny hands, but I still find it uncomfortable to squish my hand in the mug to clean it. The baby bottle brush works like a charm.

Some of us are ok with just a quick rinse between uses. I do like to have a separate cup for just water and use my refillable mug for coffee.

I beg to differ... I'd expect that if the mug comes free with the dining plan and the non-dining plan stay comes first, they're not likely to allow you to have a free refillable mug before the stay during which you're entitled.
Is that what the original question is referring to?

Depends on what question you're looking at.

It did in a subsequent post
"...sorry,i wasn't very clear!..I have a 10 day resort stay with dining plan but have extended my stay by 3 days prior (room only)!.Im trying to figure out what would be best for us (party of 3}.to buy mugs for 3 days(54 dollars) or bring our own tea for the three days and use the hot water!."

That was mrsmoon.

People had more recently been replying to...

If I have 2 reservation numbers (1 night at SSR on DVC points) and 3 more nights at CSR (part of a tour package..no dining) can I buy length of stay 1st night at SSR and it will still be good at CSR even though it is a completely different ressie?

Which is different from mrsmoon's situation.

Thank you for all the replies! I am clear now that the mugs are not tied to ressie number and I can use a length of stay mug at SSR and CSR (or any other resort we might happen upon)! Just for those who were wondering, my "tour package" I mentioned in my inquiry is not directly through Disney. It is part of a cheerleading trip to perform in a parade down main st. I just pay a "tour package" price that includes room, hopper passes and a few meal vouchers (not the Dis dining plan) so that is mostly where my confusion was. Thanks again for all the answers!

So glad I read this thread. It's been a few years since I've gotten mugs. Great idea on having a runner in the morning (my mom) and filling them up and putting them in the fridge so there is a cold drink when we get back. Since mom and I like having something to drink before bed, getting 2 mugs might be a good idea and cheaper than 7 nights worth of bottled drinks.

I've got a question concerning the refillable mugs:

We'll be staying at Coronado Springs Resort this November (first visit onside!!) and we'll have the Quick Service Dining Plan including the mugs.

In the CSR-topic it was said that there are no green mugs available there.
Is there a green refillable mug available in any other Resort and could we get one from there, or just from our own Resort?

We'll be staying at Coronado Springs Resort this November (first visit onside!!) and we'll have the Quick Service Dining Plan including the mugs.

Is there a green refillable mug available in any other Resort and could we get one from there, or just from our own Resort?

I don't know of any specific resort that has green as an option. However, you can get your mugs from any WDW resort. You don't have to get them at your own resort.

I believe that the refillable mugs still have white handles so any color lid will match them. You can even bring an old lid from home. I have a black lid and yellow lid from earlier trips that still fit. :)

Question: Do I get a discount if I bring a mug from a previous trip and have it re-activated or is it the same price as just getting a new mug?

Trying to be a little earth :flower2: friendly here....but if it doesn't matter, I guess my family will continue to compile a large mug collection at home...lol

Question: Do I get a discount if I bring a mug from a previous trip and have it re-activated or is it the same price as just getting a new mug?

Trying to be a little earth :flower2: friendly here....but if it doesn't matter, I guess my family will continue to compile a large mug collection at home...lol

No discount, it'll be full price.

@ Wood Nymph: Thank you :)
Unfortunately we don't have an old lid we could bring, but it'll be okay anyways. I asked because green is my son's absolutely favourite color. But I think he will be alright with blue then, red for my husband and purple for me.

Is there no choice between handles or not?

Can anyone list the drinks available for the refillable mugs? Particularly, I am interested in any diet options (is there usually only coke zero and diet coke? I saw a picture online with minute maid light).

Can anyone list the drinks available for the refillable mugs? Particularly, I am interested in any diet options (is there usually only coke zero and diet coke? I saw a picture online with minute maid light).
You're more likely to find Minute Maid Light than not, but offerings can vary a little between resorts.

@dansdad Oh sorry, I meant if there is a choice between mugs with handles and those without as they seem to have tested them last year or so ;)

Or, if you do purchase new mugs, you can gift them to a family checking in, as your checking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter