>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

So they put white handles on all the mugs???

Yup. They weren't going to throw out the half a million handleless mugs they had leftover so they slapped the white handles on. This way they didn't have to worry about how many of each color handle to buy. One color for all.

So why wouldn't any of the three resorts I went to in December sell a handless one to me? I really want one without a handle. The handles don't fit into my car's cupholders.

So why wouldn't any of the three resorts I went to in December sell a handless one to me? I really want one without a handle. The handles don't fit into my car's cupholders.

Because they probably didn't have any. Disney most likely sent their entire inventory of remaining handless mugs back to the vendor to have the handles added all at once. Now the inventory has white handles. When those are sold, they will most likely go back to the mugs with colored handles that match the lids. Though I'm getting a little nervous about that -- I'm worried that it's cheaper/easier for all mugs to have white handles so they'll keep doing that. I'm not a fan of the white handles *at all* .

Because they probably didn't have any. Disney most likely sent their entire inventory of remaining handless mugs back to the vendor to have the handles added all at once. Now the inventory has white handles. When those are sold, they will most likely go back to the mugs with colored handles that match the lids. Though I'm getting a little nervous about that -- I'm worried that it's cheaper/easier for all mugs to have white handles so they'll keep doing that. I'm not a fan of the white handles *at all* .

This. :thumbsup2

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but can someone please tell me what the specific beverage choices are at Boardwalk Bakery to refill your mug? Thank you!

Can anyone post a photo of the screen on the dispenser? Can't figure where it is from the pic on the first post.

Can anyone post a photo of the screen on the dispenser? Can't figure where it is from the pic on the first post.

There are 2 screens on the dispensers. In the photo on the first post they are the white with turquoise type rectangles (they say "Rapid Fill") on the large panel above the dispensers. When you set your mug down on the tray under a dispenser the screen will change to indicate how long your mug is good for (or it will give you any error messages as well -- that your mug is expired, isn't setting on the tray properly, etc.) You can also Google "Disney Rapid Refill mugs" and click on "images". There are various shots of the screens there.

There are 2 screens on the dispensers. In the photo on the first post they are the white with turquoise type rectangles (they say "Rapid Fill") on the large panel above the dispensers. When you set your mug down on the tray under a dispenser the screen will change to indicate how long your mug is good for (or it will give you any error messages as well -- that your mug is expired, isn't setting on the tray properly, etc.) You can also Google "Disney Rapid Refill mugs" and click on "images". There are various shots of the screens there.

Thanks will check but what happens if more than one person is trying to fill their mugs at a time.

Hello folks,

Are the mugs insulated with a tight fitting lid?
If not is it possible to bring my own cup and use the mug to fill it up?

Thanks for any reply and I apologize if my question was already answered.

Hello folks,

Are the mugs insulated with a tight fitting lid?
If not is it possible to bring my own cup and use the mug to fill it up?

Thanks for any reply and I apologize if my question was already answered.
Yes, it is insulated. And yes the lid is pretty tight. It does have an opening so you can drink from it. So the lid isn't water tight. It is fine if you want to carry it, but you can't toss it in your bag and expect everything to be dry.

You could fill your mug, then dump the beverage into another mug.

Thanks will check but what happens if more than one person is trying to fill their mugs at a time.

It can't happen. Only one mug at a time can be placed on a spot to get a beverage.

I could be wrong, but I thought mnmhouston was talking about one person getting Coke, while someone else is getting Diet Coke (for instance), which can definitely be done.

I could be wrong, but I thought mnmhouston was talking about one person getting Coke, while someone else is getting Diet Coke (for instance), which can definitely be done.

Yes, that's what I meant :-) Seems to me there should be a screen over each beverage selection.

Yes, that's what I meant :-) Seems to me there should be a screen over each beverage selection.

We've used this rapid refill system on our last 3 trips and honestly, I don't really even remember looking at the screen very much. There's really no reason to unless you're trying to fill your mug and the dispenser isn't working. Then you'd look at the screen to see what the problem is (mug not seated correctly or it's too soon for a refill). In reality, there's only enough space for 2 people to comfortably stand in front of a filling station (not saying a 3rd or 4th person won't try to squeeze in, though. :D) so there's not really a need for more than 2 screens. Even at a busy AoA food court, I don't ever remember having an issue with there only being 2 screens. Again, because there's not really any reason to look at them unless something isn't working.

Heading to WDW next week for The Summit! We haven't been in a few years and I was just wondering if there only 1 style/picture mug? Or do each of the resorts sell different ones? Just curious. Thanks!

Heading to WDW next week for The Summit! We haven't been in a few years and I was just wondering if there only 1 style/picture mug? Or do each of the resorts sell different ones? Just curious. Thanks!

Just one design - they haven't had resort specific designs since 2006.

If I just want coffee from the beverage station at Cove Cafe (BLT), can I re-use a refillable mug from a previous trip (or any cup for that matter)? I'm basing this on the assumption there isn't an RFID reader at the coffee dispensers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter