refillable mug choices?

gottalovethem

<font color=magenta>The DIS Moms love you!</font>
Hi. Just wondering with the resort refillable mug, what drink choices do you get besides soda? Iced tea? bottled water? juice? lemonade?

Trying to figure out if it's worth it, or if I should plan on bringing some other beverages along.

Whatever they have in the soda vending - Coke, Diet Coke, maybe Powerade, maybe Minute Maid Lemonade, plus coffee, tea and possibly hot chocolate. No milk, no OJ, definitely no bottled water since that comes in a bottle and not a mug.

The mugs are a cute souvenier but that's about it IMO.

We have several different models from each trip (yes, we buy new ones each time we visit, DH is the original Jimminy Cricket!)...they hold exactly 14 oz.

When I'm thirsty, I need @ least twice that amount. When adding lots of ice - you're lucky to get 8 oz of a beverage. Unless, you're going to lurk @ the soda dispenser, it's a pain.

Costs them pennies to buy the soda syrup...really don't see why the cups can't be more the size of the refillable ones they sell @ AK?

If the resorts are looking to save money, why not stamp the cups with the year they're bought to avoid re-use instead?

Just curious -

Are the mugs changed every year, every month, how often -- when?

We always buy Mugs too, more as a souvenir than anything else. But with a family of 5 they do tend to pay for themselves. I am curious though, do they offer up different sizes at all? I know I saw that POR had the type that fit into the car cup holder and the standard can't fit it into a dinged donged thing size! LOL Do they all hold the same amount of liquid?

From what I've observed, seems like new designs come out every year. I've seen two types, the ones that fit into smaller car cup holders & the large mug type - they hold the same amount (yes, I checked @ home:blush: ).

When I was asking Q's on refillable mugs, I was referred to allearsnet. That link had prices and sizes of the mugs. There was one resort that had a 64 oz mug! If I knew how to link you, I would.

StinkerbellsMom said:
...But with a family of 5 they do tend to pay for themselves...
How does the size of the family affect the ability for a mug to pay for itself? (Sharing mugs is the only way I can think of.)

As StinderbellsMom and others have mentioned, the mugs probably have more value as a souvenir than as a drink cost saver. We purchase drinks at a less-expensive location (e.g. Wal-Mart) and store in a cooler in our room. This saves money and is more convenient than refilling the resort mug. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter