Refillable Mug…14 day question

thinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at POP the first 5 nights and then 9 nights at Coronado. We will get to POP around 3:00pm on the first day and then will leave about noon on our last day. We plan to get refillable mugs. From reading on here, they will be good at Coronado after paying for them at POP but are only good for 14 days. Our last day will be day 15. Will it still work on the morning of day 15 if we don’t pick it up our first day until 3:00? Does it work that way, or does it cancel out at midnight on day 14? It would actually be 14 days if you go by the time that we pick up the mugs to when we leave but it will be 15 days if it resets our days at midnight each day. Anyone have any idea on how it works?

Just keep your receipt and if they stop working then go to the till, explain what’s happened, show your receipt if asked and they’ll reactivate them for you 😊

That said, our last trip was 16 nights, split across three resorts, and they worked fine on days 15 and 16 without us needing to do anything (we didn’t try and use them on day 17).

Piggybacking if I may...

In August, I've got a 3-night stay at Pop (for now) followed by a 3-night cruise, followed by a 1-night stay at POFQ - so the 1-night will be well within the 14 days. If I get a mug on Day 1 of my stay it should still work on the post-cruise night, correct?

Piggybacking if I may...

In August, I've got a 3-night stay at Pop (for now) followed by a 3-night cruise, followed by a 1-night stay at POFQ - so the 1-night will be well within the 14 days. If I get a mug on Day 1 of my stay it should still work on the post-cruise night, correct?

Yes - once you purchase the mug, it will show the expiration date on the fountains when you fill it. The mugs aren't tied to your hotel reservation in any way. It's purely a date-based system.

Yes - once you purchase the mug, it will show the expiration date on the fountains when you fill it. The mugs aren't tied to your hotel reservation in any way. It's purely a date-based system.

Thanks for this answer! I'm doing a split stay at POR and GF and was hoping that my mug would work for the entire 9 days. This is a relief!

I bought a refillable mug at the Beach Club marketplace on April 16th and it was good through May 15th. I had to look twice since it used to be a 14 day period. I was glad to see that it had been extended to four weeks even though I wasn't going to need more than five days. :)

Get a paper receipt and HOLD ON to it….. we had an issue once and they wanted the receipt no issue at all with it… When you buy the mug if they have them behind the counter buy it that way. The ones we bought were out and activated one only lasted a day. I have seen them read differently amounts of time through the years but most were good for 3 weeks some longer some shorter no consistency. But you will be fine for 14 days or longer just as above keep the receipt and put it in a place you can easily find it.

The machines weren't turned on to read the chip at WL last month. Never tried to use it anywhere else

OP here…We are here now. We bought the mugs and charged them to our room on day one. We asked the girl checking out if there was anyway to make it go longer than 14 days since we would still be there on day 15. She told us that if it happened to run out just bring it to the cashier and let them know it wasn’t working. When we went to get a drink it shows that it goes through the date we check out. Not sure if it is basing on the fact that they know when we are checking out or if it just added one on just because. Anyway, we should be good without having to ask for it to be extended.

The machines weren't turned on to read the chip at WL last month. Never tried to use it anywhere else
A few weeks ago one at Sports wasn’t reading the chip. It had been out of order completely and I guess they just decided to turn it back on without the chip reader since the resort was crowded.

They are definitely good for 4 weeks now. I bought one on April 21st and it expires on May 19th. Which is awesome for me since I have another trip booked for May 11-18 :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter