Redweek experiences

Gru

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of renting a timeshare off of redweek.com Does anyone have any experience with them?

Since red week is a site were renters post units for rent I would suggest that you inform the renter that you want to use Red weeks escrow service. It costs a little more but your rental money gets held in escrow by red weeks service and the renter is only paid after you complete the stay.

Since Red week is a site where owners post there units for rent I would suggest, for your protection, that you inform the owner that you would like to use Red week's escrow service. It cost, I believe, about $100 for the service which, if the owner agrees, can be split between the parties. You would provide the owner with your contact information, the owner contacts the escrow service, the escrow service works between you and the owner to get the rental agreement signed. Your rental fee is held in escrow and not paid to the owner until after you have completed your stay.

Redweek is sort of like ebay: it's a classified ad system, where individual owners can post timeshares for rent on a person-to-person basis. So, unless someone else has rented from exactly the same owner, their experience will not mean much for you.

That said, the vast vast majority of these transactions go off without a hitch. If the communication is professional, prompt, and courteous, that is usually a good sign.

Hi. Three years ago I went on a vacation with a friend who owns a timeshare. While I was there I went on one of those presentations and I will never do it again. After that I wanted to rent a timeshare for a family vacation and I came across Tug2.net. It cost $15 to join for the year and it was worth it.

When you join you get to put a wish list of timeshares that you would like to rent. I don't remember the exact number of wish list ads, but it was enough. I wanted to rent for 2 weeks at Bonnet Creek and I received offers from owners. They send you emails.

I ended up renting a 2-bedroom for the 2 weeks last year from an owner and it worked out smoothly. I was able to call Bonnet Creek and confirm my reservations about a week after the owner made the reservations.

This year I am renting from the same owner, but I am trying Cypress Pointe Resort. I'm still a member of Tug2.net.

I had also joined Redweek. It's a good way to compare the timeshare prices and also a way to get the weeks that you want.

Good luck and have a great vacation.

Just saying that I've done four rentals on redweek.com over the years. None of them were for Orlando, though. Anyway, they all worked out great. There is, as others have stated, more risk in doing an owner rental, but there is also the opportunity have significant savings over retail. For me, I would not have been able to afford the lovely condos we have stayed in with my vacation budget for a retail price. The owner condo rentals let me stay in my vacation budget and have a significantly nicer place to stay that I would have retail (lovely two or three bedroom condo and a great resort vs. moderate hotel room)

I belong to TUG2.net too, and have done lots of rentals through that site (more than through redweek They just happened to more often have the week I wanted more often for a resort that I was interested in). More of my Orlando rentals for some reason have been on here, and there are a few people from TUG that I have rented from more than one time.

Hi. Three years ago I went on a vacation with a friend who owns a timeshare. While I was there I went on one of those presentations and I will never do it again. After that I wanted to rent a timeshare for a family vacation and I came across Tug2.net. It cost $15 to join for the year and it was worth it.

When you join you get to put a wish list of timeshares that you would like to rent. I don't remember the exact number of wish list ads, but it was enough. I wanted to rent for 2 weeks at Bonnet Creek and I received offers from owners. They send you emails.

I ended up renting a 2-bedroom for the 2 weeks last year from an owner and it worked out smoothly. I was able to call Bonnet Creek and confirm my reservations about a week after the owner made the reservations.

This year I am renting from the same owner, but I am trying Cypress Pointe Resort. I'm still a member of Tug2.net.

I had also joined Redweek. It's a good way to compare the timeshare prices and also a way to get the weeks that you want.

Good luck and have a great vacation.

I have also rented from an owner off of Tug. We rented a 2 bedroom condo in Mexico. Everything went off without a hitch. I was able to call Royal Resorts and confirm the owners status. She was pretty good with communicating also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter