Redeeming AP Voucher Strategy

V.I.N.CENT.

DIS Veteran
In my experience, redeeming a voucher or even a ticket purchase at Disneyland is not the best experience. The lines, even when short, are usually a long wait. i always get stuck behind the person with every issue in the world :)

We will be flying in to Orlando on a Friday night in November. Plane is scheduled to land at 7:30 pm, we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I am assuming that we will be at the resort by 9:30 pm. I am considering going to Disney Springs that evening for dinner and to redeem my AP voucher at the ticket center. The other option is to process at the ticket center at EPCOT the next morning prior to entering the park.

Anything I should avoid? Is the Springs ticket center pack on a Friday night?

Thanks for the help!

Is the Springs ticket center pack on a Friday night?
There is often a backlog there, regardless of when you get there.
(But, you may be very lucky. Timing is everything.)
They issue "pagers" (or other forms of virtual lines) so guests are served "in order"
but generally do not have to just stand in line.

Over all, I would not anticipate activating your AP to be a major issue.
BTW, you can ASK at your resort concierge desk. They will sometimes do the activation.

Regardless of when or where you do the "activation" process, your AP will not actually start to countdown its year of validity until you USE the new AP at the first park gate.

BTW, you can ASK at your resort concierge desk. They will sometimes do the activation.

Great info, didn't know our resort had a concierge desk :) Nothing feels worse than being outside the gates ready to get in and having to wait with a ticket issue :) Maybe we will cruise by the Springs ticket center and see how bad it is.

We recently went to the ticket center to redeem our vouchers for annual passes.
He gave us the annual pass card and did something to connect our magic bands.
When we entered our first park the next day, the magic bands did not work so we used our annual pass cards at entrance. We went to customer service at Animal Kingdom before leaving the park to actually get the bands connected.

In April my daughter and I had our APs activated at Epcot. We got there a few minutes before the park opened, and it took 3 minutes. I too was stressed out about doing it that way, but it was fine.

Can you redeem AP voucher at the IG? I am trying to figure out how to make this work.

Unless you have tight plans the next morning - I'd just do this at the park gate instead of making the trek to Disney Springs that late on arrival day.

Just make sure all adults in your party doing an activation have ID with them. We walked over to Epcot after checking into BW and my wife left her ID in the room and I had to go back and get it.

We have activated our APs at the guest services booth at AK, MK and EPCOT international gateway. None have much of a line.
As mentioned, everyone over 18 must have a photo ID with them.

We have activated ours at MK before heading into the park. We were given our cards and were on our way. We just went earlier and still made rope drop.

We activated ours at the Disney Springs ticket center. We went around 9:30pm, after our flights landed and there was no wait whatsoever. We followed it up with a quick dinner at Blaze pizza. :)

In my experience, redeeming a voucher or even a ticket purchase at Disneyland is not the best experience. The lines, even when short, are usually a long wait. i always get stuck behind the person with every issue in the world :)

Anything I should avoid? Is the Springs ticket center pack on a Friday night?

Thanks for the help!

This is also my experience as well.

In my experience, the IG GS is the worst GS! I still shutter a tiny bit whenever we enter Epcot via that entrance because of multiple VERY bad experiences at that GS.

(to be fair, I have also had 1 okay experience there.)

Somehow, I always end up having the-ticket-issue-that can't-be-resolved.

In addition to the Disney Springs GS, they recently added a booth that is JUST for ticket transactions. I don't think many people know about the NEW ticket office!

When we walked into the one in MK, it was practically empty! (the MK one is located in Liberty Square.)

If your hotel desk can't do it, I'd go try the ticket office in DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter