Red Lion Hotel Vs. Candy Cane Inn

mrsw94

DIS Veteran
DH and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next month and are heading down for a couple of days in the parks.
I currently have a reservation for CCI, but was just browsing on the Red Lion site and found an end of summer deal that includes parking and breakfast for $89/night. That seems like an amazing deal. It would save us about $189.
Thoughts?

Red lion is pretty gross per some friends that used to always stay there. CCI doesn’t seem like an anniversary location for me. 😂 have you thought about Hyatt house or spring hills suites? Courtyard by Marriott theme park entrance?

I just got back from a stay at the Candy Cane. I had never stayed there before but we were impressed with the CC. It was clean, there was a nice breakfast with ham and cheese croissants, hard boiled eggs, cheese and pastries. The doughnuts seemed to come from a local bakery and were very fresh. The shuttle was prompt and even if we missed the shuttle it wasn't a bad walk. The staff was friendly and helpful too. I haven't ever stayed at the Red Lion but our usual hotels are at the BW Park Place and BW Anaheim Inn, we like those too but in the future we will give the Candy Cane a look too when we book.

Last edited:
Thanks! Sounds like we'll stick with CCI.
While it is an Anniversary trip, so special, it's also as budget as we can make it, hence no splurge on a room! Also, since we only have 2 park days, we won't be spending a whole lot of time there. Most need clean, comfortable, breakfast and a reasonable distance from the parks. :-)

If your budget can afford an upgrade to a Premium Room at the CCI, do it. Those are our preferred rooms when we stay there. The Premium Rooms are larger, come with a small fridge and microwave, have breakfast delivered to the room (on time!), come with robes and an amenities basket, have a DVD player (free rentals at the front desk), and all the other perks that come with the CCI, like free parking, private shuttle, etc. CCI offers various discounts, so ask to see if you qualify for something.

Could I tag onto this thread, and ask a question? I had CCI booked but due to an ongoing divorce, I'm trying to cut costs. So, I've switched to Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites. It's just my 25 y/o dd and myself. Is this a fairly decent place?

Could I tag onto this thread, and ask a question? I had CCI booked but due to an ongoing divorce, I'm trying to cut costs. So, I've switched to Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites. It's just my 25 y/o dd and myself. Is this a fairly decent place?
We actually stayed there a couple of years ago and it wasn't bad. We had one of the rooms with 2 queens and a set of bunk beds. Our room was in a corner under the stairs, so a little dark, but not bad.
The walk was a little daunting at the end of the night, but still doable.
The breakfast was just donuts and *maybe* something else. I just remember donuts. We had other food in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter