• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recovery AP at Renewal Rate or New Rate?

herrmannpt

Mouseketeer
We should be eligible for Recovery AP as ours were set to expire in early June 2020 during the closure period. We did get a refund on our unused portion vs an extension, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference with anything. Are they giving the recovery passes at the renewal price or the regular price and what is that price? Will you just get to buy a voucher that you activate when you arrive like in the past?

I recovered. The AP Gold pass is $765. Activates when I go there in November. That's the DVC price.

If you did not specifically cancel it (which sounds like you didn’t) you should qualify for a renewal price. We cancelled so had to pay the full price (weren’t DVC at that point).

Because you will be getting a new AP and not a renewal..which would backdate to the expiration of your previous pass…you pay the price for a new Gold AP.

Renewal rates only apply when there is no break in valid admission time.

Had we not cancelled they would have allowed us to backdate and get the renewal price.

Edit: what I meant was they would have allowed a renewal, backdated to the expiration date and pay the pro-rated amount left

Last edited:
Ok. I was really hoping we could get the renewal price since it wasn't our fault that there was a closure. Sounds like we'd be starting over at the full DVC price. I'm just so sad over the whole thing. We had platinum passes in 2019-20 and missed out on two planned trips due to COVID. It just ended up being a really bad year to activate our one set of AP vouchers. Nothing to be done. We're not planning to go until early June 2022 when both of my kids can be vaccinated. I'm wondering if it's worth it to go through the hassle of doing the recovery pass or just wait until they are selling them again. I guess I risk another price increase if I wait.

Ok. I was really hoping we could get the renewal price since it wasn't our fault that there was a closure. Sounds like we'd be starting over at the full DVC price. I'm just so sad over the whole thing. We had platinum passes in 2019-20 and missed out on two planned trips due to COVID. It just ended up being a really bad year to activate our one set of AP vouchers. Nothing to be done. We're not planning to go until early June 2022 when both of my kids can be vaccinated. I'm wondering if it's worth it to go through the hassle of doing the recovery pass or just wait until they are selling them again. I guess I risk another price increase if I wait.

You would have gotten the renewal rate had you taken the extension and renewed then. I took the extension that brought me from October until March, and then was allowed to renew. But there was no break in time.

Once you want to have a pass start a new date, they will always charge you the full price. The good piece is you are eligible for them as a recovery vs. others who are still shut out.

We never cancelled and they extended our passes 4 months I believe. I ended up downgrading to a Florida Resident Silver pass from Gold and now I need to check in with member services when we visit in September. Hope it starts a new date, but I doubt it.

We never cancelled and they extended our passes 4 months I believe. I ended up downgrading to a Florida Resident Silver pass from Gold and now I need to check in with member services when we visit in September. Hope it starts a new date, but I doubt it.

If you did not go through the recovery department, then chances are you did a normal renewal (with a downgrade) and will have kept the same anniversary date for expiration to match the extension.

If you did not go through the recovery department, then chances are you did a normal renewal (with a downgrade) and will have kept the same anniversary date for expiration to match the extension.
It says "Renewal Certificate" Expires 12/31/2099 I don't remember getting these other than when we first started to purchase passes.

It says "Renewal Certificate" Expires 12/31/2099 I don't remember getting these other than when we first started to purchase passes.

If it says renewal, then the pass will most likely backdate for you. That is what mine said when I renewed. The expiration date is just letting you know that the value of it will be valid even if you do not renew the pass before your old one expires. What you paid will be applied to your new pass and then you pay the difference.

If it says renewal, then the pass will most likely backdate for you. That is what mine said when I renewed. The expiration date is just letting you know that the value of it will be valid even if you do not renew the pass before your old one expires. What you paid will be applied to your new pass and then you pay the difference.
It's a little confusing because our gold passes expired in May I believe. I had to call member services to renew earlier than the 60 days because I needed to make park reservations. I don't think I was eligible to renew until March or April so I wasn't able to do park reservations until they allowed me to renew early. Either way, we'll just stop at the window and let them update it for whatever reason they do it like that.

You got a "Renewal Certificate" because you renewed by phone.

Since you had a FL Resident Silver Pass, I suspect you previously renewed your passes online. Those online renewals of FL Resident Passes self activate on the anniversary date.

Because you will be getting a new AP and not a renewal..which would backdate to the expiration of your previous pass…you pay the price for a new Gold AP.

Renewal rates only apply when there is no break in valid admission time.

Sandisw, you give very accurate advice. I got the recovery and paid $765, not the $650 for the renewal but I'm fine with that. I'm just desperate to get down there after almost two years away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter