Recorded Disney deeds

tom1944

DIS Veteran
I am not sure what if anything this is an indication of but so far, the period of recorded Disney deeds from January 1, 2023 through March 25, 2023 is the lowest of the last 7 years.

2017 was 5385
2018 was 7409
2019 was 6331
2020 was 6644
2021 was 4632
2022 was 5673
2023 was 4410

-Number of deeds can give a rough clue, but really need the total number of points involved/recorded. But given the averages of point / contract is probably consistent, that means DVC is selling less contracts/points. But doesn't mean they are making less $$$ per quarter/year, as they keep on increasing the direct price / point for each resort. It's possibly to sell less and still make more $$$, and be reporting record profits.

Great3

Those numbers include both direct and resale recording of deeds.

These are the direct sales recorded

2017 was 3725
2018 was 3849
2019 was 4208
2020 was 4047
2021 was 2023
2022 was 2852
2023 was 1790

Last edited:
I am not sure what if anything this is an indication of but so far, the period of recorded Disney deeds from January 1, 2023 through March 25, 2023 is the lowest of the last 7 years.

2017 was 5385
2018 was 7409
2019 was 6331
2020 was 6644
2021 was 4632
2022 was 5673
2023 was 4410
Wow, thats even lower then height of Big Rona!

March 2020 would still be when stuff was normal.

I have been going on the Orange county site almost daily to track prices and just by doing that it is clear there is a professional market of purchasers who buy and sell.

Obviously, they are renting also.

There was (is?) a cottage industry of people who would buy a contract, strip it via an "internal" transfer (to another account they own) and sell it again. This is a pretty good deal, because the market tends to under-value loaded contracts and over-value stripped ones. So for the price of dues plus the spread of a loaded/stripped contract, they get two or three years' worth of points to rent out, and you recycle your purchase capital quickly.

Garden variety renting has a pretty mediocre ROI, because the cost basis is so high. Buy-strip-flip renting might well do a lot better.

I have been going on the Orange county site almost daily to track prices and just by doing that it is clear there is a professional market of purchasers who buy and sell.

Obviously, they are renting also.
Are you pulling these manually or do you have it automated in any way? If it's being automated, might be worth seeing if you could back-calculate the price per point using the deed doc tax. I think the formula is something like price per point = deed doc tax * 100 / (0.7 * number of points) (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I know someone used to do it for DVC News to show monthly trends on resale figures (which was great because it wasn't specific to one broker), but haven't seen those reports in awhile.

I have been doing it manually.

What I do when a name I recognize appears I run a search showing them as a grantor and a second search showing them as a grantee to see how many they had in each category.

I have not been on the site much since they updated the search function. Has anyone used it since it was updated?

When I search by legal name even using cut and paste to enter the exact name in the search it still comes up with pages and pages of other entries. Many even not Disney related.

Is there a function I am missing so I get only what I am looking for?

I tried both basic and advanced search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter