reconsidering ADR, need suggestions

luvpooh

oh bother!
At the request of my DFi, I made an ADR at LTT for dinner prior to MNSSHP on 10/11. We enjoyed our dinner there last year, (I think it was the 2nd time we had dinner there, plus 1 lunch in the past) for what it was.

That said, I'm just not 'feeling it' anymore. I've been on WW and IDK if I am going to want all of that heavy food, esp. at 5:30 in the evening and then have to go run around the park all night. Of course who knows what exactly I'll feel like once I go into 'vacation mode'! LOL... I kind of feel bad b/c he wanted to go there for the 'comfort food' and the characters, not to mention he likes being in the park and ready to go to the party, but he said he's open to suggestions.

Does anyone know what CS are open in MK, or other TS during the party? It could also be before the park closes for the regular operating hours and re-opens for MNSSHP. Not sure what kind of ADR we could get at this late time, but any ideas are appreciated. I also think I may look at monorail restaurants as well, but not Ohana or WCC (or any Signature restaurants). So what does that leave? Kona, Concourse, GF Cafe?

Any suggestions - please!! :)

We've always enjoyed the Plaza. We ate there before MNSSHP one year and before MVMCP the next year.

we love the Plaza...but we have 2 ADR's there already for the remainder of our trip! That's our go-to lunch spot at MK! That's funny you suggested it, that's prob FI's top 3 restaurants for lunch - he loves a good sandwich!

Doesn't Crystal Palace also take ADRs before MNSSHP? I don't think the food would be much 'lighter' though. You could always have a counter service at your resort before heading over, and I would think most counter services would be open until the official party starts....good luck and have fun :)

We always have LTT though...we love that comfort food :)

we love the Plaza...but we have 2 ADR's there already for the remainder of our trip! That's our go-to lunch spot at MK! That's funny you suggested it, that's prob FI's top 3 restaurants for lunch - he loves a good sandwich!

Sorry what is the plaza??:confused3

I think you've already got the primo, pre-party ADR. Personally, I'd stick with LTT. The characters dressed in holiday attire just adds to the party atmosphere. If you do cancel, you'll make someone really happy to get that ADR. :)

sorry, just found this post again
Plaza Restaurant is at the end of Main Street, adjacent to the ice cream parlor. It serves a smallish menu of sandwiches and ice cream in a very quaint Victorian setting. It's a great lunch spot to sit down and cool off in, and isn't much more expensive than the CS in the MK.

you can check out their menu here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=150

Thank you! Its funny I don't even remember seeing it there. I will have to check it out.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter