Recommended Restaurants for Feb.

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I just found out that my DH has a conference Feb. 13-16 in WDW. Actually the conference is off-property at the Hilton at Bonnet Creek, but it's close enough that I want to go with him! :thumbsup2

I'm starting to wonder about dining, since he will be free each night. We would like to eat 2-3 TS meals while we are there, and we want to try some new restaurants since we tend to eat at the same places each time. (We love Ohana, but this time we want to try Kona Cafe for dinner one night.) Of course, I know that ADR's at any restaurant may be hard to get this close, especially for Valentine's Day. So with the short notice and also our location in mind, which of these restaurants do you recommend?

Captain's Grille
Shutters
House of Blues
The Wave
Big River Grille
Raglan Road
Paradiso 37

TIA!

Sorry haven't been to any of those, but The Wave just missed our list by an inch this time. LOL
I have heard wonderful things about this place (if you listen to reviews). I always take them with a grain of salt, but this place doesn't seem to have any negative reviews that I have read anyway.

Good luck getting the places you want. Is very cool you get to go with him!! Enjoy your trip!

I LOVE The Wave! It would be great for a romantic Valentine's meal, and I'd be willing to bet that getting an ADR wouldn't be a problem. I just don't understand why this place isn't more popular...maybe it is the organic and sustainable aspect that puts people off. IMO, it is one of the very best on property. It has a grown up atmosphere, yet it is not stuffy. The crab cakes, agave nectar margarita, and the coconut panna cotta are especially terrific.

You could watch Wishes after your dinner...is the 4th floor observation area of the Contemporary still open?

I've never tried any of the others on your list, although I'd like to go to Raglan Road and House of Blues.

Thanks for the replies. I love the idea about eating at the Wave and watching the fireworks.

I forgot to mention that I can do only resort restaurants since my DH doesn't plan on going into the parks on this trip. We just can't see spending the extra money for a park ticket when he won't be out of meetings until 4:30. He really has no desire to go into the parks anyway. He would rather go somewhere nice for dinner and relax.

Anymore opinions???

Ok, Kona you already mentioned. Again haven't eaten there but it is on my list. Ohana always wins out when I think of the Poly. LOL

One of our favorite restaurants in Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL. They have good food, the servers do antics (not sure if that will be up your alley, but DH loves it) and we love the boat ride from MK to get there.

Ok, Kona you already mentioned. Again haven't eaten there but it is on my list. Ohana always wins out when I think of the Poly. LOL

One of our favorite restaurants in Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL. They have good food, the servers do antics (not sure if that will be up your alley, but DH loves it) and we love the boat ride from MK to get there.

We love WCC, too! The only reason I didn't put it on the list is because we will be eating there on our next family trip. I may have to consider it though for this trip since my DH loves it so much! It would be a nice surprise since he was so bummed we didn't eat there last month.

One of my husbands' favorites is the Yachtman Steakhouse. If your hubby loves a great steak, he will love you forever if you take him there for dinner.

We love Raglan Road and try to go each trip. It is a beautiful restaurant with good food. If you go a bit later in the evening they have a live band and an Irish Step Dancer. It is lots of fun.
We had HOB booked for our last trip - which we had to cancel, but it interests me.
I wouldn't bother with Shutters.
We agree with Kona, I love it.
Have fun

One of my husbands' favorites is the Yachtman Steakhouse. If your hubby loves a great steak, he will love you forever if you take him there for dinner.

I'm sure he would! :laughing: However, we are on a tight budget since we have 5 other trips planned next year. :scared1: I picked these restaurants because the food sounded good AND the prices looked reasonable. Maybe we will try Yachtman on another trip. Thanks for the recommendation.

OK, so I think I will try for the Wave and Kona for sure. There is availability at both for Feb 14 and 15. Which would be the best one for Valentine's Day?

Also, I asked about Big River Grille because I would like to go to the Boardwalk one night. Is this a good restaurant or would there be a better one around the Boardwalk? (Keep in mind I'm on a tight budget and it cannot be in a park.)

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter