Recommended outside photographers/videographers for WDW Escape Wedding?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by MoPR, Oct 6, 2018.

1. MoPR

MoPR Earning My Ears

Hello! I will be booking our WDW Escape wedding soon, and I am thinking of hiring an outside photographer. I haven't been able to find a list of photographers who shoot DFTW often. Our ceremony will be at Seabreeze Point and a lunch reception at the Attic. Capturing the view of the water behind us is very important to us. I haven't been too impressed with some of the photography included in the package, where the background of Seabreeze Point is extremely washed out because of the shade/light contrast.

My question is: Can anyone recommend any outside photographers and videographers who shoot DFTW often (especially who capture the Seabreeze Point location well)? Or know of where I can find a list of outside photographers?

Thank you so much, and I appreciate any advice or ideas that anyone may have!! :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

We used Randy Chapman and he was amazing. Pictures were beautiful and he was a really nice guy.

lorimay likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MoPR

MoPR Earning My Ears

Hello Aristocatz :) Thank you so much for sharing your recommendation with me! I'll be sure to look into Randy Chapman for our wedding. Thanks again!

5. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

6. MoPR

MoPR Earning My Ears

Hi @lurkyloo! Thank you for sharing this helpful resource! A gallery specifically of Seabreeze Point by an excellent photographer was exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks for the recommendation!

lurkyloo likes this.
  7. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

I second The Roots. We had different photographers because The Roots were unfortunately out of our budget, but we had exactly what you described above happen to us. The background is hardly noticeable, and I feel like it’s because we didn’t have photographers who shoot at Disney often, nor did they appreciate really the fact we wanted the “Disney-ness” included in some of our pictures. I was so determined to have better pictures that we are doing an anniversary shoot with The Roots next year! They are worth every penny and they know and love Disney just as much as Disney brides do :)

MoPR and lurkyloo like this.
  8. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

I used Regina Hymen - our SB ceremony was rained out but the shots she got of us there afterwards are among my favorites of the day.

MoPR likes this.
  9. MoPR

MoPR Earning My Ears

Thank you so much, @Disney_Alli and @ALegrande ! It is so helpful to hear about your experiences and recommendations. I will be sure to look into the Roots and Regina Hymen for sure!

Disney_Alli likes this.