Recommended Hotels from Tallahassee to Lake City

Mr. Baloo

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommended exits or hotels from the area on I-10 and south on I-75 where the exit / hotel is in a nice area?

I have passed exits on the interstate where there is a hotel out in the middle of nowhere... and thought, man I wouldnt want to stay there. So I am looking for recomendations for hotels that you have stayed at or have seen and wouldnt mind staying there.

Thanks.

I stayed at a Hampton in Tallahassee that was right off the interstate. I was alone in the room and felt very safe.

I would stay at Exit 199 (Monroe St) or Exit 203 (Thomasville Rd/Capital Circle) in Tallahassee.

PM me if you would like more suggestions, I am very familiar with the area (went to school there and lived there a few years).

You'll find more choices in Tallahassee, but there have been a few new properties in Lake City that have opened recently.

You won't find much in between, however...

As far as Tallahassee places go, I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Tallahassee recently (Thomasville Road), nice enough accommodations. It's in a good area with lots of restaurants nearby.

I've also stayed at the Ramada Conference Center (US Hwy 27). It's right next to a Cracker Barrel and just a few minutes from one of the area malls.

On your way down to Disney, Lake City is probably your best bet for an overnight stay, as it puts you closer to the Mouse. On the trip back home from Disney, Tallahassee is probably best, as you can drive for awhile, then stop overnight and be that much closer to home.

For more choices in the Lake City area, you might want to consider Gainesville -- lots more choices there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter