Recommendations to get into Le Cellier without an ADR?

DefenderofTheStar

Earning My Ears
This is my first time on the DDP, and 1st time using ADRs. So I didn't realize that LC was in such high demand. As of last night, there are no dinner ADRs left for the whole week of 9/15-9/22. So I was wondering if it was possible/probably to still get a table just by showing up (maybe early). Just wanted to know if anyone else had gotten in that way. Thanks.

DefenderofTheStar

LeCellier is very popular and especially so during free dining. I would suggest calling every couple of days to see if anything has opened up. If you don't get something before you arrive, I would keep calling Disney Dining when you get to WDW to see if you can get a ADR then. Walk-ups at LeCellier are virtually impossible to get and during free dining you will have even more competition for those few tables. Sadly Disney doesn't do a very good job in promoting the fact that ADRs can (and should be made) far in advance. Alot of people end up scrambling during the free dining time to find table service restaurants to accomodate them.

Good luck & I hope you get that LeCellier ADR :wizard:

Have you thought about trying for lunch instead?

Would you be open to lunch? They might have more lunch openings? At my 180+10 mark it was already down to 2 slots and this is during the week in October. So we are eating at 4:20, which was mildly better than 8:30pm. Lunch did work for me as it was our arrival day.

When we were there for our lunch ADR on Monday, they were telling all of the walk-ups that they were booked solid until 5/26 :scared1: They were not taking any walk-ups at all, even for lunch. Except for some lady who claimed to have lost her ADR number and then said it shouldn't matter b/c her husband was a big shot in Vegas and "here's his card" :sad2: But that's another story ;)

Good luck, and don't hesitate to take lunch if you can get it, the food is still good and the portions are still too much to eat it all!

I agree that lunch might be easier. We have had great luck getting in for lunch without ADR's - either really early - as soon as it opens - or late (after 2:00).

Honestly, just keep calling back and checking - call every morning and every evening. I believe something will come up for you :)

We ate there in December, while waiting for our table we saw 3 familys turned away without ADRs. It's a busy place.

Since the DDP started, I have yet to see a walk-up get seated at LeCellier. I would suggest trying to get it for lunch or to call everyday to see if there are any openings for dinner or lunch.

I have gone there twice, and both times I did not have an ADR. Both times were around 4:00 or so. Maybe I just got really lucky??:)

Lunch is good here too, otherwise check out the menus and see what other resturant would apeal to you. Rose and Crown is good, as is Coral Reef. Both good for steaks, that way you at least have a reservation made somewhere. you may be surprised what you might be able to get once your at WDW people cancel ADR's all the time.

Bev

Our trip was last minute, so the IPO staff at the WL only had a month to book my ADRs. They did a great job of securing everything that I wanted except LeCellier.

When we went to Epcot we tried to get into Coral Reef but it was booked solid. So we started walking thinking we would just do a counter service. As we got close to LeCellier, my husband decided it wouldn't hurt just to check. They were able to take us. :banana: We did wait about fifteen/twenty minutes, but I was thrilled that we got in.

I recommend trying for lunch. If you cannot get in at lunch try a time between lunch and dinner which is what we did. It is definitely worth it.

Try lunch, it is just as good or if not better than dinner. FYI you can order the BBQ filet at lunch too (but not the mushroom filet).

Another vote for trying for lunch. Much less crowded and the service is very attentive. After experiencing how carefree lunch is, I don't ever look at LeCellier for a dinner option. We eat between 2:00 and 4:00 and never had to wait at all to be seated with a reservation.

We've eaten at Le Cellier the last two Septembers during the free dining period and both times they had someone outside with a clipboard telling everyone as soon as they approached that they were not taking any walkups. Also both times we had to wait 30-45 minutes past our ADR times.

However, people change their ADRs all the time, so you may have luck if you keep calling everyday.

Have you thought about trying for lunch instead?

I just got lunch at LeCellier yesterday for the week before you're going, 9/10. The CM seemed to have several openings-I asked for between 1:00 and 1:30 and she offered me either time. The bad news is that as of this morning, something came up and I might have to cancel the whole trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter