Recommendations for March 2025 dates?

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Veteran DVC-er here, Boardwalk owner for 25 years. I am an uber-planner and usually spot-on with picking weeks that are somewhat reasonable in terms of crowd level. But I’m struggling with next March.

I’ve checked a number of my regular sites in terms of projections and they seem to be all over the map. Normally the first week of March is one of my favorite weeks, but understand Mardi Gras is March 4th next year so that week may be busy. Looks like there may be a bit of a lull from the 8th to 13th and then of course you’re into March break weeks. I do know Easter is late next year on April 20.

Would appreciate any and all opinions/guesses on the best of the 3 weeks listed below in terms of crowd levels (I do know it’s a bit like throwing a dart and won’t hold anyone responsible ☺️)

Many thanks in advance!

1. March 8-15, 2025
2. March 22-29
3. March 29-April 5

My vote is #3. FL schools and colleges have their spring breaks all in March so you might get lucky at the end of month after spring breaks but before Easter breaks and get a little relief in crowds.

It is a bit like throwing a dart. I’d go with Mar 29-Apr 5 out of those 3, with the optimistic expectation it’s not quite as busy as the other 2 weeks listed.

Last week of Feb ‘25 would be my next choice. Probably lowest crowds until after Easter but I’d give that up for the better weather outlook of late March.

Yea id shoot for 3 too. Reports from this week have been its super busy with spring break crowds. This is our spring break week and went the last 2 years, sounds like its worse this year though as it wasn't that bad last couple times we did it.

It is a bit like throwing a dart. I’d go with Mar 29-Apr 5 out of those 3, with the optimistic expectation it’s not quite as busy as the other 2 weeks listed.

Last week of Feb ‘25 would be my next choice. Probably lowest crowds until after Easter but I’d give that up for the better weather outlook of late March.
Thanks. I went first week of February this year and it was much colder than I’d like (barely reached 70 most days at the warmest point, and night times were in the high 40s). So late March/early April is my preference 😎

Yea id shoot for 3 too. Reports from this week have been its super busy with spring break crowds. This is our spring break week and went the last 2 years, sounds like its worse this year though as it wasn't that bad last couple times we did it.
Yes, I’ve been seeing that which is what made me nervous!

1. March 8-15, 2025
2. March 22-29
3. March 29-April 5
As you stated, first week in March has always seemed the slowest of the month when we’ve visited over the years

I’d rank the crowds from best to worst with the three weeks above as:

Thanks. I went first week of February this year and it was much colder than I’d like (barely reached 70 most days at the warmest point, and night times were in the high 40s). So late March/early April is my preference
From Pittsburgh, know cold, had light snow on my deck this am, happy spring! Never know what you might get re weather in MCO Feb/March.

One end of March-early April trip, was glad to wear the light/packable but, warm, down filled coat I wore down into the parks at night. Mostly high 50’s and rain, a couple of days just barely broke 60. Of course, the year we had extended trip over to Ormand Beach

As you stated, first week in March has always seemed the slowest of the month when we’ve visited over the years

I’d rank the crowds from best to worst with the three weeks above as:

From Pittsburgh, know cold, had light snow on my deck this am, happy spring! Never know what you might get re weather in MCO Feb/March.

One end of March-early April trip, was glad to wear the light/packable but, warm, down filled coat I wore down into the parks at night. Mostly high 50’s and rain, a couple of days just barely broke 60. Of course, the year we had extended trip over to Ormand Beach

Thanks, if it weren’t for the Mardi Gras holiday next year, I’d still do beginning of March as we’ve done that a couple of years, and have lucked out with perfect weather and low crowds.

I think I’m going to shoot for that last week of March next year, if I can get the rooms I want. Your late March/early April trip was pretty bad luck weatherwise for that time of year. You never know I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

From Boston myself, Happy Spring back 😎

Thanks, if it weren’t for the Mardi Gras holiday next year,
Could be we’ve just hit the crowds lucky for Mardi Gras @ WDW, has been busy but doable, as long as staying out of Epcot on Sunday.

Universal parks really seem to get packed that time of year. Thinking perhaps more popular with College kids on break w/o parents. the stellar parade and a good band on the weekend in studios surely ups the crowds.

Have noticed that the last week in March seems to be a bit more popular with DVC’rs as the points are rather steep in April.

Still smarting from my family springing the Disney race on me next month. Didn’t help we added on a couple days at the end of it to do the after hours member event. over 8 nights we are changing resorts 4 times:tongue:, not holding my breath re waitlists

Could be we’ve just hit the crowds lucky for Mardi Gras @ WDW, has been busy but doable, as long as staying out of Epcot on Sunday.

Universal parks really seem to get packed that time of year. Thinking perhaps more popular with College kids on break w/o parents. the stellar parade and a good band on the weekend in studios surely ups the crowds.

Have noticed that the last week in March seems to be a bit more popular with DVC’rs as the points are rather steep in April.

Still smarting from my family springing the Disney race on me next month. Didn’t help we added on a couple days at the end of it to do the after hours member event. over 8 nights we are changing resorts 4 times:tongue:, not holding my breath re waitlists
Good luck & have fun!

Just a heads up I didn’t see mentioned… The runDisney Springtime Surprise races will be April 3-6 in 2025. It’s not the most popular rD weekend, but it could impact availability/crowds.

All of March 2025 is in season 6, the 2nd highest points chart for DVC. I'd venture a guess that earlier might be better in terms of crowds....?

OK, just curious. Would those of you who voted for the 3rd week as the best week above (March 29-April 5) would you reconsider and switch to March 22-29 given the RunDisney event April 3-6? I’m not sure Springtime Surprise is going to make a huge difference in crowds but happy to hear any additional thoughts. Thanks again!

We are working on the same plans and same time of year in 2025. Really wondering how much Mardi Gras on Tuesday, 3/4/25, might actually impact crowds that week. This year, the first week of March was very manageable with crowds, but really seemed to pick up big time around 3/9-3/15. Probably just a guess either way for our planning! But is Mardi Gras a big deal at WDW? Mardi Gras can only ever be a couple days later than the 4th, so it'll be interesting!

We are working on the same plans and same time of year in 2025. Really wondering how much Mardi Gras on Tuesday, 3/4/25, might actually impact crowds that week. This year, the first week of March was very manageable with crowds, but really seemed to pick up big time around 3/9-3/15. Probably just a guess either way for our planning! But is Mardi Gras a big deal at WDW? Mardi Gras can only ever be a couple days later than the 4th, so it'll be interesting!
I’ve read from several sources that Mardi Gras is a heavy week at WDW due to folks in Louisiana being on break for the week. The date actually changes every year (I believe this year it was in mid-February?). One of the sites I trust said the first week of March is always one of their favorite weeks but that they would avoid it in 2025 due to the Mardi Gras date next year. Good luck in your planning!

OK, just curious. Would those of you who voted for the 3rd week as the best week above (March 29-April 5) would you reconsider and switch to March 22-29 given the RunDisney event April 3-6? I’m not sure Springtime Surprise is going to make a huge difference in crowds but happy to hear any additional thoughts. Thanks again!
I don't find the RunDisney events to really create much of an issue. The participants don't get into the parks early because of the races and they don't stay late because of the early race times. The most difficult part is getting a studio if that's your plan.

Just a heads up I didn’t see mentioned… The runDisney Springtime Surprise races will be April 3-6 in 2025. It’s not the most popular rD weekend, but it could impact availability/crowds.
That’s the one we are doing, hadn’t realized next year’s is two weeks earlier than this year
The most difficult part is getting a studio if that's your plan.
Competition for the races seems to get more difficult every race, the initial offering sells out very quickly. many report they waited until they secure a race slot before booking DVC. Then, seem surprised when pickings are slim afterwards.

Hi all,

Veteran DVC-er here, Boardwalk owner for 25 years. I am an uber-planner and usually spot-on with picking weeks that are somewhat reasonable in terms of crowd level. But I’m struggling with next March.

I’ve checked a number of my regular sites in terms of projections and they seem to be all over the map. Normally the first week of March is one of my favorite weeks, but understand Mardi Gras is March 4th next year so that week may be busy. Looks like there may be a bit of a lull from the 8th to 13th and then of course you’re into March break weeks. I do know Easter is late next year on April 20.

Would appreciate any and all opinions/guesses on the best of the 3 weeks listed below in terms of crowd levels (I do know it’s a bit like throwing a dart and won’t hold anyone responsible ☺️)

Many thanks in advance!

1. March 8-15, 2025
2. March 22-29
3. March 29-April 5
Don’t do #1. Generally SEC spring break. Public schools seem to have same spring break as universities. We have that spring break and usually go to Disney/universal and crowded. And don’t do Easter week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter