• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendations for California Grill, Jiko, Citricos

cw517

Earning My Ears
This is our first trip without kids, and we are making the most of it! We have ADRs at California Grill, Citricos, and Jiko for the first 3 nights of our trip (the other nights are planned for F&W festival).

What are your recommendations for each of these restaurants? Which one has the best filet? Any stand-out appetizers, desserts or drinks not to miss? At CG, which sushi roll would you recommend? I have been pouring over the menus and can't decide!

Thanks for your help!

At Jiko, the Taste of Africa appetizer (bread and dips) is really good. You can even get a sample of them if you do the Culinary Tour of Africa at 4pm at Boma and Jiko. I also like the cheese plate there. For the entrée, the filet, substituting the mac and cheese for the rice pilaf, as nature intended.

At Citricos, I liked the cheese plate appetizer and the Duck entrée.

At CG, the mussels are good for an appetizer, and the Ahi tuna is an excellent entrée.

As for who has the best filet, I'm afraid I have not compared all three. I have enjoyed the Jiko filet, though.

At Citrico's the Arancini appetizer is wonderful!

Jiko's Filet rates very high.

Citricos-the spare ribs are heaven.

Ca Grill is all about the sushi

Jiko-I think the appetizers are so much better than the entrees. We usually split the Taste of Africa, cheese plate or a sampler platter (not on the menu but they will do it) and then I get a bowl of soup. Their soup here is always exceptional.

For filet, I have not had it at Citricos. I was very disappointed with the Ca Grill filet. Jiko's is good; I like it much better with the pilaf that's on the current menu over the mac and cheese on the old menu.

Agree about the filet at Jiko, and the yummy appetizers. That was one of mine and DH's favorite meals when we were on our Disneymoon--we had deluxe dining so we ate at lots of signature places and we both loved Jiko!

Pakey, you just made my day! I love Jiko's appetizers and am slowly making my way through the menu. I will for sure request a sampler platter! :cloud9:

California Grill: Filet is good. Amazing? Not really, but a nice solid choice as part of a wonderful meal overall. We've had their pork tenderloin which was excellent, chicken, very good too! The appetizers are also strong here, sometimes we just do a few with a dessert.

Citricos: Can't wait to be back in January. I had the short ribs, they were outstanding! The arancini appetizer was delicious and so were the desserts.

Jiko is my favorite signature! I have not had one thing here that I completely didn't love: the pork, short ribs, peri-peri chicken. The appetizers are amazing, from the flatbreads to the bobotie roll, cheese plate, salads.
We usually share one or two appetizers and and entree with dessert, otherwise it's just too much. Their bread basket is too good to pass up as well. Their desserts change often but are all wonderful.
If you like wine, their South African wines are delicious!

Ok, so can you tell which is my favorite Signature? :goodvibes

Have FUN and enjoy! They all will be wonderful dinners!

Jiko-I think the appetizers are so much better than the entrees.

Agree about the filet at Jiko, and the yummy appetizers. That was one of mine and DH's favorite meals when we were on our Disneymoon--we had deluxe dining so we ate at lots of signature places and we both loved Jiko!

Pakey, you just made my day! I love Jiko's appetizers and am slowly making my way through the menu. I will for sure request a sampler platter! :cloud9:

..The appetizers are amazing, from the flatbreads to the bobotie roll, cheese plate, salads.
We usually share one or two appetizers and and entree with dessert, otherwise it's just too much. Their bread basket is too good to pass up as well. Their desserts change often but are all wonderful.
If you like wine, their South African wines are delicious!

Ok, so can you tell which is my favorite Signature? :goodvibes

Have FUN and enjoy! They all will be wonderful dinners!

I have been to Jiko 8 or 9 times...and I think all but one, maybe two, I have made a meal out of appetizers. Bobotie rolls, flatbreads, cheese plate! I actually do this at pretty much every signature restaurant...I find the food has more flavor and is more interesting on the appetizer menu!

We loved the filet at Jiko. The taste of Africa was great as well. Their wines are really good too.

Flatbread and sushi were really good at California Grill. We made a meal out of appetizers.

Thanks for the suggestions! This really helps. I'm so looking forward to Jiko now. It seems to be the favorite!

DH and I did not love our CG experience except for his appetizer. He got the dragon roll and it was a huge plate of sushi...he ate every last bite!

Sashimi platter at CG was amazing. By far the best filet I've had was at Citricos. It was like butter - cooked to perfection!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter