Recommendations for a hotel halfway between Sea World & Legoland?

bdiddy

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of taking a trip to Sea World & Legoland this summer. We've done Disney twice in the last four years and are thinking of doing these parks this time. We are going to do 2 days at each park and then are thinking of driving over to Clearwater after so our daughter can see Winter the dolphin at the aquarium (from the Dolphin Tale movie which she loves) and spending a day or so there at the beach.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the options out there for lodging and was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations for somehwhere that was about in the middle of these two places? Or if you have a place that you just love that is near one or the other and think it's worth the drive to the other park that would be ok too.

Thank you!

I would just find somewhere near Disney,it's like a 15 minute drive to Sea World and like 35 to Legoland and you'll have tons of options.If you plan to actually get something in the middle you're talking about something on US 27 south of I-4 where there will be fewer options.If you want me to suggest a place I would go with the Comfort Suites Maingate East on 192 next to Old Town.

It's about 40 miles from SeaWorld to Legoland and the mid-point between them is roughly at Exit 55 of I-4 in Davenport. There are a Comfort Inn, a Days Inn, a Super 8 and a Holiday Inn Express at that exit. I'd think that the Holiday Inn Express would be the best bet of those four but that's based on experiences at other Holiday Inn Expresses not that one hotel in particular.

However, if it were me, I'd stay in Orlando in the general SeaWorld area. As there are so many hotel choices in that SeaWorld to Lake Buena Vista space, I think you'd potentially end up with a nicer hotel at a pretty reasonable rate. The drive from that part of Orlando to Winter Haven is quite easy. And, fwiw, the drive route from that part of Orlando down to Clearwater is simple and easy, too.

Dick Taylor

For the best value in San Diego, stay at the Ramada Limited Sea World located just one mile to Sea World and Mission Bay. Convenient to the beaches, Old Town, the Convention Center, Downtown San Diego and the Airport, the Ramada Limited Sea World offers 63 comfortable rooms that feature either one King bed or Two Queen beds. Amenities include free parking, cable TV with HBO, voicemail, guest laundry facility and complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. The Ramada Limited Sea World also features free wireless hi speed internet and is adjacent to a shopping center, featuring a supermarket, health club and complete food court.
It is 0.53 miles from SeaWorld San Diego.
This link can help you more. travelbookingsource.com.

we're also looking and will go to Kennedy Space Center in addition to Legoland and Seaworld. We're willing to stay in the Orlando area and drive to be a nicer hotel. I've been looking at the Marriott Renaissance across from Seaworld, the Hilton Orlando or the Omni at Champions Gate. Would love to hear people!s thoughts!
Thanks.

For the best value in San Diego, stay at the Ramada Limited Sea World located just one mile to Sea World and Mission Bay. Convenient to the beaches, Old Town, the Convention Center, Downtown San Diego and the Airport, the Ramada Limited Sea World offers 63 comfortable rooms that feature either one King bed or Two Queen beds. Amenities include free parking, cable TV with HBO, voicemail, guest laundry facility and complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. The Ramada Limited Sea World also features free wireless hi speed internet and is adjacent to a shopping center, featuring a supermarket, health club and complete food court.
It is 0.53 miles from SeaWorld San Diego.
This link can help you more. travelbookingsource.com.

I think she meant the Florida locations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter