Recommend an Epcot restaurant

BabyHabs

Mouseketeer
We are travelling in October.. 2 adults and 3 kids. We are all picky eaters.

The ADR will likely be for lunchtime.

We have eaten at Garden Grill in the past and not been impressed, so would like something different.

Looking for a unique experience that will cater to us picky eaters.

Well WS has Japanese, Mexican, Italian, French, British - among others I'm probably missing - restaurants to choose from. Not sure what your tastes are/aren't. Maybe check out AllEars and look at the menus until you find something that appeals to you. :)

My family has always eaten around the world: a little dish in UK, one in Japan, one in China, caramel corn in Germany, etc. All counter service stuff. But when we did finally schedule a table service we tried Biergarten. It is a buffet so it has a variety of dishes. This might be suitable for picky eaters in your group. Otherwise I would try looking at the menus at allears.net to get an idea of what you might like.

You will most likely be there during F&W, so I would just say snack around the booths, you are bound to find something everyone likes.

Another vote for the Biergarten. We had a very nice lunch there when friends visited last August. The floor show should provide the unique experience you are seeking. There are a number of basic items on the buffet that should satisfy picky eaters.

Biergarten: German Buffet with various Meats, Breads, Potatoes, Sauces and Desserts.
Plus they have live entertainment.

This depends on how picky. Are we talking only-eat-chicken-fingers-and-fries picky or I'll-occasionally-eat-Asian-food picky? If you're the first kind, definitely start checking out menus because only you will be able to tell what sounds appetizing. If you're the second, I would check out Chefs de France, Teppan Edo, Spice Road, Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, Coral Reef...

Japanese steakhouse? Is that Teppan Edo?
Yes that is Teppan Edo. Tokyo Dining is the sushi restaurant. That will be entertaining for the kids most likely.

I would recommend Via Napoli as the pizza is great. Tutto Italia is not your typical Italian food. Teppan Edo would be very basic as meats with Teriyaki sauce. There would be rice and veggies as well. If you did dinner, I would maybe recommend Lac Hacienda, but i don't know how well y'all like Mexican food.

My picky kids love the pizza at Via Napoli (actually, we all do) and they also liked Rose & Crown (two had fish & chips and one had the kids' steak and chips).

Another vote for Biergarten. The atmosphere is so fun and, despite the food being "German", there are some pretty standard options like chicken, roasted potatoes, and salads.

Biergarten, Rose & Crown, Via, and Tutto are all great for picky eaters. I personally LOVE Via Napoli for both pizza and pasta. Very delicious. :)

What is "picky" in this case? So many people use that term so it can change from post to post!

Via Napoli, Sunshine Seasons, or Katsura Grill.

Those are the only ones I can think of for picky eaters.

Sunshine Seasons probably has the widest selection.

If you're looking for a TS restaurant, I'd look at Rose & Crown.

"Unique experience"?
Tepan Edo where the cook in front of you and Coral Reef with the enormous fish tank. Check the menus to make sure the food meets your "picky" status.

You really can't go wrong. It honestly depends on your tastes and what you like. The only place I wouldn't recommend is Coral Reef. I think it's dated, overrated and the food is okay, but nothing special.

Off the top of my head, here's the best ones at EPCOT:

Biergarten: German food. We really enjoyed the food, selection and atmosphere, however, it's on our "did it, can live without it" list. We went, we tried it and enjoyed it, but it's not something we can't wait to go back to. It's traditional German food - wursts, sausages, etc. If you're picky, you may not like it.

Rose & Crown: Okay food, great atmosphere. Probably your best bet for picky eaters as it has a lot of steak, fish and chicken dishes. Not overly seasoned, decent-sized portions and it's an EPCOT staple.

Teppan Edo: Many would argue that if you have a Benihana nearby, Teppan Edo is just like it. True, but we've never had a bad meal here. The food is outstanding and fresh... and the menu is filled with your traditional Japanese fare. I always recommend Teppan Edo and we can't wait to go back.

Via Napoli: It's pizza. We found it to be overrated, but it was still good. Go with lower expectations than the "amazing, best pizza you've ever had" reputation it's gained and you'll really enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter