Recognizing National Red Dress Day

Thanks for sharing. As a white person in Canada, my eyes were really opened by Connie Walker's podcasts on Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (two seasons of Missing & Murdered on CBC podcasts, and more recently Stolen on Spotify). I highly recommend them, it really helps you to understand the impacts of inter-generational trauma on indigenous people.

Thanks for sharing. As a white person in Canada, my eyes were really opened by Connie Walker's podcasts on Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (two seasons of Missing & Murdered on CBC podcasts, and more recently Stolen on Spotify). I highly recommend them, it really helps you to understand the impacts of inter-generational trauma on indigenous people.
Agree 100% we as non-Indigenous people are generally lacking in the knowledge we should have of the treatment our ancestors inflicted (and continue to if you look at the deplorable living situations of many) on those who call this land home. I have an orange shirt to wear on September 30th to shine a light on the effects residential schools had on the First Nation children and the legacy they left behind. There are still people alive who went to those schools, the last one was closed in 1996.

I ashamed to admit that I had no idea of Red Dress Day and that an event took place less than 30 minutes from my house before i saw this thread and I'm grateful that I learned about it, THANK YOU!

Terrible that Instagram and Facebook decided to censor everything MMIW this year :(
I stand with all Canadians as an ally to this travesty against women.
:confused: I don’t look at FB or Instagram. What exactly do you mean by this?

Terrible that Instagram and Facebook decided to censor everything MMIW this year :(
I stand with all Canadians as an ally to this travesty against women.
I actually saw several posts shared by friends who live in the states, but just the other side of the new York border. The posts were all linked to Canadian websites, so not sure what you did or didn't see? I'd be really interested in hearing.

part of my self care right now is limiting the amount of time spent on social media (don't really count this site because if I stay in this forum it's rarely stress inducing 😝) so I didn't look at Facebook until Sunday.

:confused: I don’t look at FB or Instagram. What exactly do you mean by this?

https://pressprogress.ca/instagram-...indigenous-women-girls-and-two-spirit-people/"Instagram is apologizing for an unexplained “global technical issue” that deleted posts about missing and murdered Indigenous women, girls and two-spirit people, but won’t provide details as to why exactly the posts disappeared.
On May 5, Instagram users in Canada and the United States reported that posts marking the National Day of Awareness for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls and Two-Spirit People (MMIWG2S) were being taken down.
Following public criticism, Instagram’s public relations team tweeted that they had “fixed this issue,” but did not specify why MMIWG2S content was singled out"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter