• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recliners???

jennilouwho

DIS Veteran
Hi there!

My husband and I want to plan a trip to WDW and take my parents. My mother feels best if she can sleep in a recliner though due to back issues. WDW resorts told me none of their rooms have recliners. Does anyone know of a close hotel in the area that does?? Online it said that the Holiday Inn Family Suites did, but when I called they told me "no." Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jen

:wave2: Both hubby and I have serious back issues, ripped discks lower backs, he can not sleep in any of the beds , in lew of recliners, we have used massive amounts of pillows, I mean massive, We bring 4, ask for 6 more for the room and he propps these up so theyare keeping him at a 60 degree angle upright and 2 under his knees, not perfect, but it works. We have found that rooms with couches, like a suite or mini-suite also work, he doe shte same sort of thing with the pillows but it works better with a couch. Have also tried, don't laugh at this one, :rotfl2: purchasing an inexpensive beach recliner at Walmarts, aren't they about $20, and sleeping in this. Unfourtanetly for him, he is large, and it felt too rickety to be comfortable !!! :rotfl: I love staying on site and think it greatly enhaces the Disney experience, so if you can do it, the Vacation Club rsorts usually have couches too ! Go to the DVC boards and see if you can rent points,,definately go :wave2:

Sounds like me a few years ago, I had a horrible time, not only with not having a recliner to sleep in, but only having a choice of "sitting" on the bed or on the hard chairs at the table. We bought a motorhome (which won't work for you, obviously :flower: ), but my suggestion would be to look into getting a bag chair that includes a recliner/foot rest portion. I have one that looks like a regular collapsable chair, but has a foot part that's connected to the body by straps. It can taken some practice getting into and out of (kind of like a hammock), but is the next best thing to a recliner when I'm on the road. You might have to search a little, but KMart, WalMart, etc, should have them with their bag chairs.
Good luck!
Terri

NadineNurse, how funny that we posted the same thing at the same time! I paid a few more dollars for mine, so it is pretty sturdy, and I kind of "wedge" it between two pieces of furniture, so I don't flip out!
Terri

:rotfl2: And I thought my family was the only one with unique sleeping needs, Terri, thanks for suggestion, we will definately try the bean bag chair thing, I told my husband, he thinks I am crazy, but if it works why not :rotfl: You can not imagine my embarrasment when the search the luggage at Southwest and find pillows in every bag and at least 2 big bags with only pillows...my only issue now, when we go on the Disney cruise in January/Feb 206, how the he- - am I going to store all those bags for the pillows I have to bring... :wave:

There is a durable medical equipment provider in Orlando-Care Medical- that rents recliners that raise up and down via a remote. (http://www.caremedicalequipment.com/products02.htm#chairs)

They even deliver to Disney onsite hotels. My suggestion would be to rent a bigger room and rearrange the furniture to make room for the recliner.

Hope this helped!

Christamae
Note: I have never used this company-but their website looks really nice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter