Recently took over a relative's DVC, but he's got 200 pts that will expire Aug 1st. Suggestions on what to do?

Masterbetatesta

Disney Vacation Clubber
I took over a relative's DVC membership for BWV 200 pts/yr. Unfortunately by the time I gained access to the account, the banking period has already passed.

I'm going to try to rent the points out on the forum, and I've booked a few weekends in July as per someone's suggestion, before all the rooms become unavailable just in case.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm still waiting on my Gold Status so I can post in that forum since I'm a new member.

Not much else other than once you are able to rent the points, changing things based on what shows up.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm still waiting on my Gold Status so I can post in that forum since I'm a new member.
Hoping your plan icon appears soon.

This is just a reminder (from Post #5) of the Required Reading thread:

Those meeting posting requirements and/or those purchasing the Gold rental plan are allowed a maximum of six (6) rental threads for the plan year, including up to two (2) rental threads offering a single existing reservation within 30 days of arrival. Each existing reservation offered requires its own thread.

You MIGHT be able to make a late deposit into RCI - you'd have to call MS to ask about that. (I'd tell them that it has been almost impossible to get to them the last several days. I think you are close to the cutoff). If you are able to do that, the points will be "extended" (not sure for how long) and you will have non-DVC options to choose from. Perhaps a long weekend close to home would be an option. There are some booking restrictions related to a late deposit, but those might be preferable to losing the entire value.

Good luck! 🤞 🤞

Have you talked to MS about this? I think it's worthwhile at least outlining the events and see if they are willing to make a banking exception. They may not but nothing is hurt in asking and since you took over from a relative they might be open to it.

Hoping your plan icon appears soon.

This is just a reminder (from Post #5) of the Required Reading thread:

Those meeting posting requirements and/or those purchasing the Gold rental plan are allowed a maximum of six (6) rental threads for the plan year, including up to two (2) rental threads offering a single existing reservation within 30 days of arrival. Each existing reservation offered requires its own thread.

You MIGHT be able to make a late deposit into RCI - you'd have to call MS to ask about that. (I'd tell them that it has been almost impossible to get to them the last several days. I think you are close to the cutoff). If you are able to do that, the points will be "extended" (not sure for how long) and you will have non-DVC options to choose from. Perhaps a long weekend close to home would be an option. There are some booking restrictions related to a late deposit, but those might be preferable to losing the entire value.

Good luck! 🤞 🤞

According to the rules, I'll be able to start 3 different threads, one for offering 200 pts Aug 21 UY and 2 separate reservation threads as long as its within 30 days of arrival, correct? I think it was mid July and late July so I'll have to wait until it's within 30 days. Am I understanding correctly? Thanks.

Have you talked to MS about this? I think it's worthwhile at least outlining the events and see if they are willing to make a banking exception. They may not but nothing is hurt in asking and since you took over from a relative they might be open to it.
Yes and they said they cannot make exceptions on banking rules :(

There was even a direct buyer who said they were denied the option which has been part of the purchase agreement for several years now so not completely a surprise unfortunately.

You can deposit them in RCI and then book an RCI vacation at sometime in the next three years. When you call Member Services, you select a special option to get someone who can help you with this. You cannot do it online. I had to do this last year. That reminds me, I need to figure out a way to use those RCI Points.

You know what, I tried calling again today after they got back from training at 6pm. They were able to do it. I can't believe it.
There was even a direct buyer who said they were denied the option which has been part of the purchase agreement for several years now so not completely a surprise unfortunately.

Last edited:
According to the rules, I'll be able to start 3 different threads, one for offering 200 pts Aug 21 UY and 2 separate reservation threads as long as its within 30 days of arrival, correct? I think it was mid July and late July so I'll have to wait until it's within 30 days. Am I understanding correctly? Thanks.
Yes, you've got it! You can start the thread to offer the points as soon as the plan icon shows under your screen name, and must wait until you're 30 days from the arrival date to offer an existing reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter