Recent Upgrades at Port???

worfiek

Mouseketeer
Since it seems like there have been some nice upgrades recently :) , I was wondering if there have been additional upgrades available for purchase at the ports. If so, what was offered and at what price.

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting such a good price! :banana:
We are going on the 7 night western in August and have a cat 8 booked........but would love to upgrade to a balcony, either via the magic of Disney's generosity or at port!
Has anyone recently paid for an upgrade on a 7 night cruise? Would love to know what sort of price I can expect to pay!
Debsx:hug:

Congratulations on getting such a good price! :banana:
We are going on the 7 night western in August and have a cat 8 booked........but would love to upgrade to a balcony, either via the magic of Disney's generosity or at port!
Has anyone recently paid for an upgrade on a 7 night cruise? Would love to know what sort of price I can expect to pay!
Debsx:hug:

Don't get your hopes up too much, I booked a cat 8 in Sept offseason (7 nights) hoping if I were close to balcony in cat, maybe I'd get a bump b/c offseason. Lots of availability a month out, no bump, decide to be first at port to pay for upgrade. I was waiting as they opened the checkin line, not a single balcony cabin to be had. They openned it up to CMs about 3 weeks or so out and completely filled the ship. They can cruise for almost nothing on some of the last minute CM specials.

Oh! :sad2: I was using the same logic as you, lots of availability, off season etc and also the current economy....................but maybe it won't be possible! Of course I'll be pleased to be on board no matter what the category..................but a balcony would be so nice!!!:upsidedow
Debsx

Disney tries to fill ships every time--whether by opening them to CMs, TA specials, FL resident rates, etc. When there are cabins available for upgrades it is usually only a few cabins (when I have seen the list, it has been 3-10). It is definitely not very many.

You can get an idea of what might be out there by going to the DCL website and trying to make a "fake" ressie about a week before you sail. If it's showing cabin numbers, there might be an upgrade available. If it shows only gty cabins in a category you'd like to have the upgrade is probably not going to be there. They close the website 3 days before sailing. This way of searching isn't a "hard and fast" rule, but it can give you a good idea about availability. Of course, it is always possible that additional cabins may open up due to last minute emergency cancellations as well as the fact that if I'm in a cat 8 and upgrade to a 6, my former cat 8 is now available for someone else. It's also possible that what looks like an "open" cabin at 7 days out could sell (yes, I once booked 3 days before sailing), or it could be used by a Disney executive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter