Recent Stay and Dining Plan Billing

Mama2Matthew

and Natalie, too!
Hi-

We just returned from a stay renting points at SSR. It was a great trip! Just thought I would pass along the only "issue." We gave a credit card when we checked in, so we were given an express checkout. I noticed that we were overcharged for the dining plan for DH and me by about $100. I called the Disney billing research number on the bottom of the receipt and was forwarded to Member Services. A wonderful CM- Joshua- researched the issue and got it resolved within half an hour. :wizard: He told me that there was a problem when the plan was downloaded into SSR's system. This was probably just an anomaly but I thought I should pass it on all the same.

Jaime
*Now back to convincing DH that BWV points make a great Mother's Day gift!*

Also check your bill when you use your Dining Plan at the restuarant, there have been many reports of CMs charging it to room accounts instead of the Plan.

This is interesting because I had to pay for the plan upon check in. I knew what the total would be and gave them cash for that amount. Also, before we ordered I always told our server that we were on the dining plan. We didn't have any problems and we used the plan the first week of April when it was just available to DVC members.

Good point about making sure the CM charged the plan and not the room. Fortunately, we didn't run into that problem.

The billing definitely seemed like a glitch. The DP was the only thing we should have been charged, and it came out to $42.70 per person per night instead of $37.99. Then there was an additional line for "resort taxes" and another line for "room taxes." Hopefully it was just a one-time issue.

We were overcharged for the Dining plan at SSR last month. I had to call and have the amount refunded to our credit card also. I wonder how many other dvc members were overcharged and did not catch the error, or just thought that they were supposed to pay the sales tax and resort fee like I did ????? :sad2:

They almost undercharged myself and 3 friends at OKW 3 weeks ago. We had 4 adults for 4 nights, they said it was $486 or $121 a person (we were each paying separate at check-in). We knew that it should have been $151.96 each ($37.99 x 4). A cm had to come over and put a manual correction in. I don't know what would have happened if we didn't say anything, if we would have been short on credits.

Good point about the room charge. I have a couple of meals with my niece next month that I plan to pay out of pocket (CRT and Rainforest breakfast). I don't think I'll give them the room charge, they may accidentally use the credits.

Melynny- When I saw the extra taxes on the bill, my first thought was that I had misunderstood the full cost of the dining plan. I wonder if this problem has only occurred at SSR or if other DVC resorts have experienced it? :confused3

Byoung- Sadly, no points this Mother's Day. I am sure they are in our future, though. We love the BWV! Can't wait to stay there next January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter