Recent Restaurant Experience

PrincessGenie

Earning My Ears
On our recent trip to WDW we had some really positive experiences at restaurants and one that is definitely not ready for prime time.
Positives:
Sebastian's Bistro - they have a family style meal here, very good Caribbean food, good service, good oversight by the restaurant manager.
Flying Fish - Aaaah - back to their excellent pre COVID state. Excellent food, service and 2 visits from the restaurant manager.
Jiko - So glad they have reopened - again excellent food, service and oversight by the manager.

And now the bad news:
Yachtsman Steakhouse - this restaurant is not ready for prime time!!

Indifferent service
1 - we were told we could only order red wine by the bottle - not by the glass - both by the waitress and (after the meal when we enquired) the restaurant manager. He said "supply chain issues" WHAT? If you have wine in a bottle why can I not get it by the glass?
2 - It took 50 minutes after we ordered (table of 4) for our steaks to be delivered, and 30 minutes to get a bill when we were finished.
3 - we had to seek out the restaurant manager to ask about the wine issue, he never visited tables around the restaurant - unlike the other restaurants we visited this time

Food
1 - Smallest portion I could order was 8 ounce filet. I cannot eat 8 ounces of meat at a sitting! There was no smaller choice.
2 - the filet was cooked to my order but was so heavily seasoned as to mask the flavor of the meat.
3 - accompanying green beans were barely steamed, nearly raw.

A very disappointing visit to this restaurant. We will not be revisiting on our next trip.

Glad to hear you had a good experience at Jiko. So good in all respects.

We don't bother with ordering steak when dining out. I can do that at home.

I'm impressed by the manager visits to your table. I have been to many, more than I care to count, resturants at Disney and have only had a manager visit my table at Yak N Yeti (Landry's club) and Raglan Road when I was genuinely angry and expressed my concerns.

Last edited:
See, and I think any steak under 8oz is too small to bother with. 😄 The first thing I noticed on the Steakhouse 71 menu was the tiny steaks (6oz).

We also had a great experience at Flying Fish and Jiko.
Have not tried Sebastian's Bistro yet. Really liked their original menu, then it changed to something that was as appealing. Will have to look again as it sounds like it has improved again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter