Recent Ohana Reviews??

RFrank9504

DIS Veteran
We just booked a table for 9/6 for 4 adults, 2 kids ages 7 & 5 for dinner...just wanted some honest reviews. thanks!

We love Ohana! It's one of our favorites. Now, that being said, we sometimes find the steak a little fatty and the pork a little dry. Everything else is REALLY fantastic though! The salad, noodles, wontons, wings and bread are yummy. The shrimp and chicken is great. And the dessert is to die for!! :cloud9:

Enjoy!

We went there in November and have just set up ADRs for October and we're going there again. There is a view of the castle, so that adds to the magic for me. The food was the best of our last trip. They made mac and cheese and hotdogs for our picky eater kids. A ukelele player was strolling around. It was nice and quiet and relaxing. The lighting was dim. It was an awesome way to end the day. The service was great as well. I remember really liking the salad, bread, turkey (I think), and the dessert was spectacular!!! I normally don't eat bread pudding but it was yum-o!

If it helps any, we are eating dinner there THREE times during our 8 night stay :rotfl:!! It is the one Disney restaraunt that my boys talk about throughout the year. We even have 'Ohana cravings in our family!

Ate there Sunday night. The shrimp was great and the other meats were fine. The appetizers were great and the desert, ice creams with a banana bread, was awesome.

We ate at 'Ohana twice on our 8 day vacation, and it now our favorite restaurant on property!

It is a nice, relaxed atmosphere, and the music is a nice touch. The kids love it! We love the salad, the turkey and the bread pudding! Enjoy your meal!

havn't every gotten a chance to actually eat there but when we stayed at the Poly we were near the entrance to it, we are going to book for our next trip!!

We dined there for a character breakfast and were very pleased with the food and character interaction. The boys still talk about Ohana and my 6yo raved about the juice. We would definitely dine there again!

We ate there on July 2nd for the first time. It was just average for us & we would not do it again. The wings were good. The salad and bread was pretty good. We love pot stickers but we found these were very tough--we peeled the dough off & ate the inside of it which was tasty. The noodles were very dry. We didn't like the pork at all. The steak and turkey was ok but dry. We didn't really like the dipping sauces. DDs are Chinese by birth & love Chinese food but have developed a Cajun taste for food living in Louisiana. . .so shrimp was ok but prefer cajun spicy. Then at the end of the meal my youngest DD who can literally eat her weight in shrimp and crayfish started complaining about her lip. Her lip had swollen up double it size. When we asked our waitress where we could buy benadryl, she told us that it was no big deal & not to worry. It was after ten & was wanting to leave. We rushed to the nearby shop and a a young man that was working there couldn't understand English that well but saw something was wrong so he rushes to get his supervisor to help us find the benadryl. Luckily, the benadryl worked quickly but the supervisor gave us the name of a emergency center if we had to take her there. She experimented and ate a couple shrimp a day or two later with no problem. I am wondering if she may have had a reaction to the spices in the shrimp rather than the shrimp itself.

I enjoy 'Ohana, but like any all-you-can-eat restaurant, it does suffer a bit from producing large quantities. The food is good and there's lots of it, but it's still not on par quality-wise with, say, Kona.

Disclaimer: opinions may differ, of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter