Recent Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party Attendees?

dhunt

Earning My Ears
We have reservations for the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party during our upcoming trip to Epcot. I have been reading horrible reviews for this party on various blogs and webpages. Some say it is outdoors with no seating and others say it is indoors for the food and then you have to move outdoors for Illuminations. We have a 9 yr, 4 yr, and 5 month old. I absolutely LOVE dessert-- major sweet tooth, so this was the one thing that was especially for me on this trip. I am second guessing spending the money now. Has anyone been to the party recently-- say September or October? If so, can you share your experience? Thanks for any information or help!

I also purchased this and haven't heard about any reviews yet. I'm subscribing for more info!

I'm also very interested in this! We have reservations for 11/21, but haven't seen any recent reviews. I'm not too keen on the fact that there is no seating! I originally wanted the Tomorrowland party but just could not get reservations for it. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!!!

I found this review, photos and video very helpful in figuring it out.
http://www.homeiswherethemouseis.com/2014/03/epcot-illuminations-sparkling-dessert.html

A description, some pictures and a good video of the event -
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/04/03/illuminations-sparkling-dessert-party/

We did the Star Wars Dessert/Fireworks party and we loved the desserts, didn't love the alcoholic drinks (but I see this is wine/champagne), loved there was bottled soda and water (not here) but I will say while we had a table to stand at because we chose a spot most didn't want - there were lots of folks with no where to balance their food unless they snuggled up with strangers. We are all adults but for those families with young kids - the tables are cocktail height (for standing) so kids couldn't reach. The only low tables at our Dessert Party were reserved for those in wheelchairs and utilized by them. If I had young kids, not sure I would be looking to spend this kind of money here - a seat along the rail and a Mickey Bar would do.

I haven't noticed any recent reviews which I imagine had there been changes there would be.

I have booked the Wishes Dessert Party for February because we did love the dessert buffet, no crowds pushing in on us and there will be chairs/tables here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter