Recent Harbor side entrance experiences?

livingthedream

Mouseketeer
I have heard it has improved since they redid the entrance, but what are people's recent experiences? How long have wait times been to get through security on the Harbor side in the last few weeks?

I went about a month and a half ago, after the changes. I found the waits to be short and reasonable. There was very little wait at all when we came 20 minutes early for MM or rope drop. For example, showing up around 7:40 am for an 8 am opening. However, I did notice that the lines lengthened considerably the closer it got to 8 am. People who showed up around 7:55 am to 8:30 am seemed to have it the worst. So, as long as you don't show up right at opening time then you should be fine.

I’m wondering how this side is around 6:30 am on a non-Magic Morning now that SWGE is open. Will be arriving shortly before 6:30 for our 8 am reservation next weekend.

The past couple times we went, from HoJo, the lines were reasonable, probably 15-20 minutes during the day. I agree with Remainseatedplease that lines tend to be longer right at opening time. Also when people start coming back from a midday break or after work around 5. But if there are a lot of "stations" open, it goes by pretty quick. Definitely not as long as they used to be. I remember not too long ago that lines were passed the Harbor Entrance.

Kriss :tink:

We were there the first week of june and never had any wait. I think the most we waited was behind 1 or 2 other people. We were there 30 minutes to an hour early and back in the afternoon between 3 and 5. No waits then either. However they said that week was one of the lowest they've seen.

We went through just before 7am yesterday (Sunday) and many lanes were wide open. On Saturday we arrived at 9:30am and had no wait.

We were in the park on Saturday and Sunday (6/16-17). Security was amazingly, shockingly fast on the Harbor side. We’re going back tomorrow through Thursday. I’m hoping this continues!
My only frame of reference dates back to 2014 & 2015. We had at least 15-20 minute waits back then.
I’m not sure what Disney changed, but it’s FANTASTIC!
pixiedust:

How is it going through the Harbor side security now with the smoking section on that side? Is it still as bad as it was in early May when the section was first moved out there? Are there still cigarettes butts all over the ground? We've avoided that entrance completely because of my asthma, so I'm wondering if it's safe to wander over there again.

I was unaware that was a designated smoking section as I saw no one smoking, nor did I see any butts (cigarettes, that is) :rainbow:

We were there June 8-11 and every morning we were there about 7:30am with no wait at all! Now that they have so many lanes open it's wonderful! Even in the afternoons/early evenings when we went back to the parks there was never a wait!

We were just there Friday thru Sunday and didn't have any wait at all each morning. We usually got there between 7:40 - 7:50am

We just got back from our trip 6/15-6/19. We NEVER had a wait of more than a few people. It was wonderful. This was every time we went to the park. We never rope dropped, unless you count our Galaxy's Edge morning, but we were at the gates at 5:45. The other mornings we went about 8:30-9. We also came back in the afternoons/evenings and never had a line. I really hope it stays like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter