Recent Golden Eagle Catamaran cruisers

IrishCowboy

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s
I've got a few questions for recent cruisers who went on the Golden eagle Catamaran excursion.

1). If you went on the morning excursion, was the weather/water too cold?

2). What time did you leave/return to the Magic?

3). What food/beverages are served?

Thanks for your help!

I'd also be interested in knowing these things....I wasn't aware that there was more than one time to go on this...any info would be great!!

I am interested to know as well. We just pre booked our group for the 7:45 am rather than the afternoon ride.

I hope it gets warm quick early mornings!

I don't know if this will help a lot..but we went on the Golden Eagle and we absolutely loved it! It is soo much fun. We didn't go in the morning..we went in the afternoon so I can't help you there and I can not remember when we returned. SORRY!! But they did serve rum punch alchoholic and non-alchoholic and I think the might of had some other drinks but that was about it. They also served some chips, pretzels, and some little sub sandwhiches. Sorry I couldn't help you that much but have a great time..it is really fun!!

We went in November on the Golden Eagle. We met a 7:45 and headed out to the doc on St. Martin. Weather was warm with the water in the 80's. It was perfect. They did not server any food but offered, soda, water, beer, and rum punch. At the beach the offered the same drinks but again no food. On the return trip they also had champagne. We were back by noon and had plenty of time for lunch and shopping.

I have some photo's of this on the web in a trip report.

http://members.home.net/bennis35/

My DD12 and DH went on the Golden Eagle during our 12-22-01 Magic cruise. They loved it! They left at 7:45 and returned between 12:00 and 12:30. They raved about it. ANd the photos were beautiful.

The weather was very warm in St. Maarten but my daughter said the water was very cold. She did not snorkel, she enjoyed swimming and had a mud pack applied to her whole body. My husband said the snorkeling was wonderful.

They had salami, ham, and turkey sandwiches, pretzels, chips, crackers, and salsa. They also had soda and fruit punch, and rum punch.

The excursion they originally booked (12 meter regatta) was cancelled and this excursion was last minute for them, and they were very happy with it.

:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

We did the Gold Eagle on New Years Day, in the afternoon we left at 1:00 and returned at 4:45. They served coke and punch on the ride to the island and beer, rum punch and coke once we were there. They made a point of telling everyone not to have alcohol before snorkleing. On the way back they served rum punch, coke and little submarine sandwichs. We had a great time, it was one of the highlights of your trip. Any other questions?:)

Thanks to everyone for the great details!! And especially the photos...my kids are literally jumping up and down!

Can't wait! Thanks again,

Adria

Irish Cowboy -

We went on the Halloween '01 cruise (in the morning) and had an absolutely wonderful time - a great excursion!! DD was 6 (just turned 7) and had never sailed before and just loved it.

In the front of the Catamaran are woven trampolines (I don't know how else to explain it) but you can sit on them and relax for the whole ride. Waves may come up over the bow and get passengers wet but they forewarn you at the very beginning. It is great fun to get a little bit wet and catch the waves. But, there is also a more sheltered seating area with tables if its too windy or chilly. If it's cooler Jan/Feb weather..........I recommend keeping dry cover up's or sweatshirts in ziploc bags in a big carry on............especially for children.

Our trip was unique in that we only had about 40 passengers and they usually have many more but I liked having more room to spread out on the trip. DH snorkeled at the island but DD and I built a huge sandcastle and had the mud treatment. It was just great. Then, we swam to wash off the mud. She still talks about our sandcastle!! They had fruit punch and soda's going out and tropical fruit punch and champagne on the way back. We had deli-type sandwhiches which were just fine.

I grew up sailing and we really wanted to share the experience with DD and felt we had spent our excursion dollars very well. I would most certainly do it again. Have a really wonderful time.

Originally posted by Ginny
In the front of the Catamaran are woven trampolines (I don't know how else to explain it) but you can sit on them and relax for the whole ride. Waves may come up over the bow and get passengers wet but they forewarn you at the very beginning. It is great fun to get a little bit wet and catch the waves. But, there is also a more sheltered seating area with tables if its too windy or chilly. If it's cooler Jan/Feb weather..........I recommend keeping dry cover up's or sweatshirts in ziploc bags in a big carry on............especially for children.

We went last year in Jan. and going out to the island was very rough. The waves were enough to knock my DD age 7 at the time 4 feet back into my DH's arms. I broke my little toe in the webbing and one of the crew members twisted his ankle. On the way back, the ride was awesome and we still had a great time. If anyone in your party is prone to seasickness, make sure to take the necessary precautions. We had a lot of sick passengers on the way out. We really enjoyed this excursion and I hope you do too!

Debby:wave:

OK I give.......what is the mud treatment? Is there a place to store a bag with dry clothes?

Debby -

I'm so glad you posted the flip side of your trip and I'm sorry about your toe. It is always so good to hear everyone's experiences so those that follow have a realistic picture. DD did get a bit queazy heading out but the crew was very supportive and helpful and it soon passed.

Gretel -

The mud treatment consisted of mud in a pail which the crew brought ashore. I cannot attest to its "healing or enhancing properties. It was supposed to be good for your skin but my reason for trying it was that DD begged to turn me into a "mudpie." The really funny part was when we had a picture taken of the three of us, I forgot I was covered in that guck. But, when the picture came out, you can't really see that its mud - I just look like I have a great tan!!

There are open cubbies underneath the fiberglass seats in the galley/bar area about midship. Our stuff stayed pretty dry but I'm still very glad that I had everything packed in ZipLocks. I would say I had a medium to large carry-on and it fit nicely.

Ginny,

I just wanted to post what happened. Overall, we really enjoyed the catamaran and it was one of the highlights of our cruise. I would recommend it to anyone, but just wanted people to know that it does get rough and to be prepared.

Debby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter