Recent experience at Ama Aulani

MinnesotaChill

Mouseketeer
I've been browsing the boards to see if there have been any recent reviews of Ama. I don't see any...

We're going in Feb and am wondering if we need to think about making ressies there or skipping it. Just DH and I celebrating our 20th anniversary. No kids this time!

We were there in August and had a very good dinner with my family(2 daughters 20 and 14). Everybody enjoy their food and the service plus music were wonderful. I would certainly go ahead and make reservation for a special evening and make sure to mention it when making the reservation:cloud9:

We booked Ama'Ama about two weeks before our trip. We had a reservation for 5:30 PM, which is when the restaurant opens for dinner. By the time we finished dinner around 7:00 PM, the restaurant appeared to be full. However, I didn't notice very many people waiting to be seated. BTW, we ate at Ama'Ama on a Thursday night. I think both Ama'Ama and Makahiki have more customers on Fridays and Saturdays because of the local who come to have dinner.

If I was planning on celebrating a special event, I'd make reservations just to make sure that we are assured of a table at the time we want.

I'm no food critic, so don't rely on my opinion of the food. My wife and I both had Opa, the sustainable fish selection, which we thought was quite good. We shared a chopped salad, which was easily big enough for two to share. Ama'Ama is pricy, though. Dinner with wine and tip but no dessert was $174, just a bit more than I normally spend at Wendys and Chipotle.

Here is a link to the post from our Aulani trip report in which I write about our dinner at Ama'Ama: http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread...awaii-with-denlo-amp-wdrl&p=143327#post143327. There are some photos of our food and our view from our table of the sunset.

I ate at Ama'Ama for breakfast and dinner during my 8 night stay at Aulani in June. I looked at the menu and prices before I went, so I knew what to expect. I never had a bad meal at Ama'Ama! Some of my dinner choices were: the seafood platter appetizer, chopped salad appetizer, seafood paella, beef tenderloin and rack of lamb. Service was impeccable!

If you want to eat at Ama'Ama, make your reservations early. The early slots do book up fast. I waited until about a month out and the only dinner reservations I could get were at 8:30pm. I don't eat dinner that late. When I ate at the restaurtant for breakfast, I asked the CM if I could have an earlier dinner reservation and they were able to accommodate my time change every day.

If you don't want to eat at Ama'Ama, try Roy's which is nearby in the Ko'Olina complex. However, I'm not sure how much less expensive they will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter