Received a PIN but it can't be applied?!

cantwait101

My profile name says it ALL!
I received the coveted PIN code this week and immediately called the TA to apply the code! When she got back to me she said they had no more availablity for that special at my hotel. But why could it not be applied to my existing ressie? I am in a Deluxe club level room at the WL, does anyone know if that is why? Do they not apply those codes to Club level rooms? Just curious if anyone had any insight.
I have contacted my TA again to ask the same ?'s.

All discounts are capacity-controlled.

Let's just say the hotel has 100* rooms available per night total. Twenty percent of those rooms are designated as PIN-discountable each night, or twenty rooms.

If on even one night of your stay, all twenty rooms are already booked at the discount, then it's not available for you. Now, if that's the case, you could conceivably make three (or more) reservations: three nights at the PIN rate, two nights at rack rate, two more nights at the PIN rate.

Yes, I know that won't work with a package, it's just an example. Also, it's possible that ALL the PIN-discounted rooms at your resort are already reserved.

*ALL numbers for example only, actual data may well vary ;)

katieelder is correct. Each discount only has a certain number of rooms allotted to it.The club rooms may not be included, or all the discounted rooms with that code for your time frame are gone.

It's the same with any hotel. There are times when you can't get an AAA rate at a hotel because that block of rooms is sold out. Or you see a 20% discount on TV and call about it but those rooms are already gone. Disney doesn't do anything different.

When you apply a code, technically your original reservation is canceled, and you are re-booked within the availability of the code.

That's why when you get on here and talk to people about what you should book (thinking about discounts), most people will tell you to book the exact room you would be happy staying in WITHOUT a discount. Then, when discounts are released you still have to be flexible about what you'll be satisfied with, and if there's no availability in a "better" room, then at least you know that you have the room you want.

Disney releases discounts based on the rooms that are available at the time the discount is released. If they are satisfied with the number of people booked in a resort, then they won't release many, if any, rooms at that resort. The same thing with specific categories.
The fact that you booked your room without a discount decreased the chances of that room being a available with a discount. However, if it had been available, there would have been no guarantee that you were the one who got it.

I just noticed that you asked specifically about Club Level rooms.
Since Club Level rooms are more limited in general, there's ALWAYS less of a chance that Disney will discount those rooms, because there's more of a chance that those rooms will be filled without a discount. They did release a discount earlier this year specifically for Club Level rooms, but that doesn't happen very often.

Wow, I knew I asked the right group of people about this! Thanks for your wealth of information. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter