• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rebooking questions

Makayna

Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it w
OK, so I've read about re-booking a cruise onboard and you save 10% and get some OBC, correct? How much is the OBC for booking onboard? Are there any other benefits to rebooking onboard? The cruise I want to look at rebooking is already more than 10% more than what we paid for it, so chances are, we're NOT going to want to rebook, right?! Is there any reason to rebook onboard if our same cabin type is already going at more than 10% more than what we paid?!

OK, so I've read about re-booking a cruise onboard and you save 10% and get some OBC, correct? How much is the OBC for booking onboard? Are there any other benefits to rebooking onboard? The cruise I want to look at rebooking is already more than 10% more than what we paid for it, so chances are, we're NOT going to want to rebook, right?! Is there any reason to rebook onboard if our same cabin type is already going at more than 10% more than what we paid?!

Why not rebook for your next cruise after that then? You could book a dummy date for a future cruise and move it once dates/rates open up for that year (for instance, 2013 dates/rates don't open until maybe October this year). Meanwhile you have a rebooked cruise at a discount with OBC sitting out there, waiting for you to move it once dates open for a future year. You can move dummy dates multiple times if you want. Not only will you get the benefit of the discount and OBC, but you will be able to jump on a rate that is at it's lowest once new dates/rates open up.

The OBC is only $100 for less than 7 days and $200 for 7 days. Since your room has gone up by more than 10% and you have already paid your deposit, reshopping onboard will probably not make sense for you.:)

Why not rebook for your next cruise after that then? You could book a dummy date for a future cruise and move it once dates/rates open up for that year (for instance, 2013 dates/rates don't open until maybe October this year). Meanwhile you have a rebooked cruise at a discount with OBC sitting out there, waiting for you to move it once dates open for a future year. You can move dummy dates multiple times if you want. Not only will you get the benefit of the discount and OBC, but you will be able to jump on a rate that is at it's lowest once new dates/rates open up.

As much as I would LOVE to continue cruising each and every year, FH and I have decided that after our 1 year anny cruise, we're going to take a break from cruising for a while, have children, and maybe eventually pick it back up. :) So, the one we already have booked for 2012 is our last cruise for a while. :guilty: Believe me... I would LOVE to book a 2013 date, but priorities, priorities. ;)

OK, so I was looking at the wrong amount on my confirmation email. :guilty: It's NOT 10% more... yet. Only about $60 more, so with the OBC and the 10% discount, I'd be better off re-booking onboard (provided the prices don't go up). I'll keep checking between now and then to see if the price goes up (hopefully not :upsidedow).

OK, so I was looking at the wrong amount on my confirmation email. :guilty: It's NOT 10% more... yet. Only about $60 more, so with the OBC and the 10% discount, I'd be better off re-booking onboard (provided the prices don't go up). I'll keep checking between now and then to see if the price goes up (hopefully not :upsidedow).

Crossing my fingers for you.......:goodvibes

The 10% is only deducted from the cruise fare portion, not the taxes and fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter