Rebooking, Palos and Fitness questions

bound2travel

DIS Veteran
I'm going on my first cruise in 17 days :cool1: and have a couple of questions especially since I'm cruising solo.

1. Rebooking - If I rebook onboard, do I have to tell them how many will be in the room? If I say just me, can I add someone to the room at a later date?

2. Palos - I'm not going this time as I want to experience the three restaurants on my first one. But I still have a question. As there is just one person in my room, can I make a reservation for 3 or 4 and then invite people I meet to join me?

3. Fitness - I'm curious about the metabolism thing you can do at the fitness center (cost is $30 I think). Has anyone done this? If so, what did you think about it?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can just book yourself onboard and then add others if there is space available. This usually is an issue with kids but on more popular holiday cruises lifeboat space can be an issue. They will pay the current price at the time they are added.

You can only book Palo for the number of people in your stateroom but the smallest table is for 2 so if you make a reservation you can add someone onboard.

I have never set foot in the spa or fitness center so can't help you there.

Rebooking--you can rebook just for yourself, but as above, there are risks to doing that in that if you add a child later, you'll need room in the programming as well as in the cabin. We were able to book 2 people--myself and one "to be determined." I did pay the deposit on 2, but that way we knew we'd be able to add at least one.

Palo--as above, you can book for the number of adults in your cabin. One reservation for each thing (brunch, tea, dinner) for each adult. However, the smallest table is for 2, so you can add a second after boarding.

Fitness--the metabolism thing they do on board isn't really accurate. It's not bad, but it isn't a true BMR test where they actually measure oxygen consumption in a controlled atmosphere. Basically it measures your fat and lean body mass with a machine that measures how a voltage goes thru your body. My gym does it monthly for free!

On the Palo thing... while you can book a table for two, even though it's just you in the room, my understanding is that if you invite someone to join you they would also need to provide their ressie number so that any other Palo bookings in their name for the same meal could be cancelled.

It would be a nice surprise for friends who weren't able to get their own Palo dining times though. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter