? re: Safari Celebration Dinner

mom0299

DIS Veteran
Our Grand Gathering is doing the Safari Celebration Dinner at AK just after New Year's. From what I gather they take you on the safari after the park closes and then to Tusker House for a buffet dinner.
My question is this: According to the website AK doesn't close until 8pm the day we go. Does that mean we won't be having dinner until 8:30 or later? We will have small children with us and that is very late to be eating.
I'd just like to know ahead of time so we can plan accordingly. Has anyone else done this dinner before? Have you done it on a late park closing day?

We did this gathering in July of 2005 and the park also closes late in the summer months. First off this was the best experience and our guide was the best. Remember, the safari closes at dark so they took us just before the sun set. The ride took probably 45 min, they stop alot and allow everyone enough time to look and take pix. When we came off the ride we went straight to Tusker House and we could still see guests in the park in the distance. With the safari ride closed people had moved to areas where things were still open. The rest of the evening took place in the resturant so when we did leave the park it was empty and they allowed us to look and take all the pix we wanted. Buses were waiting for us when we left. Seems like they asked us early on where we would be going after the gathering. We loved this gathering and the food was out of this world. Like eating in Boma's only better.

Thank you, WDWMAW!

We are really looking forward to this experience. We just wanted to know a little more about it. You've been very helpful.

Anne

Hello! The park will be open late that day, but Africa will close earlier because of sunset. I'm not positive exactly what time, but I'm thinking your safari will start before 6:00 pm (don't quote me on that...could be later or earlier this year). Whatever sunset is...it'll definitely before then! They will start your special safari pretty much right at or just after "the last safari departs for the day." It'll be a lot of fun because the drivers will go a lot slower and stop so you can get pictures. You'll also get to hear a lot more about the animals than you do on a normal safari. If you have any more questions let me know and I can try to answer them for you! Have fun!!

Hello! The park will be open late that day, but Africa will close earlier because of sunset. I'm not positive exactly what time, but I'm thinking your safari will start before 6:00 pm (don't quote me on that...could be later or earlier this year). Whatever sunset is...it'll definitely before then! They will start your special safari pretty much right at or just after "the last safari departs for the day." It'll be a lot of fun because the drivers will go a lot slower and stop so you can get pictures. You'll also get to hear a lot more about the animals than you do on a normal safari. If you have any more questions let me know and I can try to answer them for you! Have fun!!

Thank you so much. You really sound like you know what you're talking about. We are soooooo excited about this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter