RE-hitchin' ceremony

mar3990

<font color=FF99FF>Loves Disney World and softball
How do I find info out about this? Also is Epcot the only place you can do this ceremony? We hadn't planned on going there this trip but I would like to suprise my Dh with some kind of Anniversary ceremony, gift, treasure hunt or something. We will have our kids with so it must include them and not be too pricey.

The re-hitchin ceremony is at the Garden Grille in The Land at EPCOT. My DH and I did this at lunch. I surprised him and he loved it !!!!!! We had lunch and the servers treated us like any other guest but then after lunch---the fun began. (They wouldn't let me marry Chip--said I had to hitch to the one I came in with)

call wdw dining and PS garden Grill and tell them you want the rehitchin ceremony....like belle said, at first they treat you like a regular customer (hubby had no idea what was about to happen to him, he just thought I wanted to eat there because of characters and that the resteraunt rotates) and then u are suddenly on display...but its good fun and hubby even enjoyed it. This was his first time to Disney, we went w/o kids and he was like a big kid, he took pictures with every character he could find!
Anyway, you have a quick "ceremony" and you get a certificate signed by Mickey, and a free "cake" It ws good, but its pretty big, we only ate a small piece each because our lunch was so filling.

DW and I are planning this for our 8th anniversary this July. I have heard so much about it and how fun it is. I hear they even make you kiss until the count of 100!! I hope we can get some good photos and video.

The rehitchin' ceremony is a blast! My DW and I did this as part of our 25th anniversary celebration in May. Some tips:

1) When you call, the reservations person may not know what you are talking about. That's ok -- this ceremony seems to be one of the best-kept secrets at Disney. Just tell them to note on your PS that you want to "do the rehitchin' ceremony."

2) When you check in at the Garden Grill reminder the person at the desk that you want the rehitchin' ceremony. This will be marked on your "ticket" for the server. Sometimes they seat you with specific servers.

3) Plan your meal for a non-peak time. Why? We did this and we had 4 servers, Mickey and Pluto in our "wedding party". Mickey even served as "Best Mouse!"

4) Ask a server to take pictures or videotape it.

The kiss to 100 was great, but short. (They go from 1 to 10 by 1's, then 10 to 100 by 10's.) Oh well...

We had a great time. Our server was Sam, who did a excellent job of getting everyone involved in the event.

Thanks for all the replys. I still need to call there. So that must be the only place to do this ceremony since none has replied otherwise. I wish we could do it at any other park becuase we had not intended to go to Epcot this time but will probably pop over for the ice cream social if they will do it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter