RD at MK?

cewewee

Mouseketeer
So there is no longer an opening show at the entrance with the characters on the train, and they let guests in an hour before the park opens so guests can shop on Main Street? What time would you need to be lined up to rope drop rides? Should you skip shopping and head strait to the hub? It appears as though things have changed since my last visit!

1. So there is no longer an opening show at the entrance with the characters on the train,
2. and they let guests in an hour before the park opens so guests can shop on Main Street?
3. What time would you need to be lined up to rope drop rides?
4. Should you skip shopping and head strait to the hub?
5. It appears as though things have changed since my last visit!

1. Correct.
2. Yup.
3. On a day when MK opens at 9AM, you'd want to be in the hub, in front of the castle
(where the current MK opening show takes place starting at 8:55) by about 8:45.
4. Depends on how early you get to MK.
5. Likely, if this is different from when you were last there.

Last edited:

I’m at MK now and park opens at 8am, we were let in around 7:45 to make our way to the Hub for the castle show and to split off to the lands.

I’m at MK now and park opens at 8am, we were let in around 7:45 to make our way to the Hub for the castle show and to split off to the lands.

Yup. That's been the normal procedure for an 8AM MK open.
Glad you posted with a clear confirmation!

But is this the Extra Magic opening for resort guests or regular opening?

But is this the Extra Magic opening for resort guests or regular opening?

Just to be clear, this is virtually the same procedure (7:45, give-or-take, admittance to Main St.) for both an 8AM EMH and an 8AM regular hours MK open.

MK opens at 8am every morning this week, regular opening.

are any food places open for breakfast during the 8 AM to 9 AM period?

The Main Street Bakery (Starbucks) is the "biggie" for walk-ins.

And, there are those restaurants that are popular with advance-bookings...
Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace are always open as the
most popular character meals.
Be Our Guest in Beast's Castle is also very busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter